Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Amex after Settlement

tag
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Applying for Amex after Settlement

Has anybody had any success with this? I defaulted on mine in 2009 and recenetly paid back a settlement plan. When I go online to apply I never make it to a form. It asks me to log in and then I get an error that my profile doesn't have sufficient information and hit ok to apply. Then it takes me to a screen that says the offer is unavailable.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Amex after Settlement

If you have settled what was owned, you should be able to get back in with them.  But if those are your current FICOs listed in your signature, I urge you to wait a bit until your profile improves....

Message 2 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@ryox03 wrote:

Has anybody had any success with this? I defaulted on mine in 2009 and recenetly paid back a settlement plan. When I go online to apply I never make it to a form. It asks me to log in and then I get an error that my profile doesn't have sufficient information and hit ok to apply. Then it takes me to a screen that says the offer is unavailable.

How long ago did you pay them back? If recently you're most likely gonna have to wait awhile. Your EX is on the low side even for the Delta card

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid in settlement and got approved approximately 2 weeks after my CR updated. YMMV.

Wait for your EX score to hit at least 660, however, before applying.

Message 4 of 5
ryox03
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid in settlement and got approved approximately 2 weeks after my CR updated. YMMV.

Wait for your EX score to hit at least 660, however, before applying.

Very strange. I just applied for a personal loan with SoFi and they noted my EX score as 671. Wonder what Fico version that is. 

Regardless, I can't even get to the point to fill out the application on their site, lol. I can wait it out 6 months to a year. I am "rebuilding", but I am only applying for cards I am actually going to use. After Amex and Discover IT I think I will be done.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.