Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CC.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for CC.

I applied for a Best Buy credit card and was declined because of one delinquent account, I've paid that account but it wasn't report to the credit bearus yet but now is gone from my credit report. How long should I wait to try again? Is been one month since I applied.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for CC.

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a Best Buy credit card and was declined because of one delinquent account, I've paid that account but it wasn't report to the credit bearus yet but now is gone from my credit report. How long should I wait to try again? Is been one month since I applied.

How come you didn't recon w/ them to let them know you had taken care of the delinquent account?

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Are you certain that this was the only reason that they denied your application ??  If so, then go ahead an re~apply, unless there are other negatives on your report that they might not like....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think about it, it was stupid of me, should I go and try again?
Message 4 of 7
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't think about it, it was stupid of me, should I go and try again?

Did you check your reports for any other possible derogs?  I you havent I would recommend getting at the least your annual free copies from annualcreditreport.com before you apply for credit.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Fico score watch, that was the last derogatory item there, so is clean now.
Message 6 of 7
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

D you know which CB they pulled? You might want to double check your CR at annualcreditreport.com just to make sure you didn't miss anything, also they should have given you a reason why they denied you. It should state if there were any other reasons for denial. Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.