Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CSP

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Applying for CSP

If you app & don't qualify for it will you be given the Sapphire or would you have to reapp?
I really want the CSP at any rate but would like something out of a HP. Is it harder to get the preferred?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Applying for CSP

@MoreRewards wrote:
If you app & don't qualify for it will you be given the Sapphire or would you have to reapp?
I really want the CSP at any rate but would like something out of a HP. Is it harder to get the preferred?

If denied try recon but if unsuccessful ...New app next time you will not be offered a different product 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
rustystick
New Contributor

both CSP and CS has the same credit requiremnt... so no

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 3 of 12
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Oh I didn't know. So it's just a matter of preference then. I will try for the CSP when I app then.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 4 of 12
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Doesn't the CSP mean min CL of 5k? But the CS could get approved for lower limit? My current highest limit is 4,800. So idk if Chase would want to give the Preferred version.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 5 of 12
Stralem
Established Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
Doesn't the CSP mean min CL of 5k? But the CS could get approved for lower limit? My current highest limit is 4,800. So idk if Chase would want to give the Preferred version.

Both versions of the Sapphire are Visa Signature cards, so Chase will not approve either for a penny less than $5000.

You don't need to have another $5000 line to qualify, but it would help to have something close to it. The highest credit line I had when I applied and got approved was only $3100.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 6 of 12
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Oh ok thank you for this info. I didn't realize that about the CS. Guess all I can do is app & see. I saw previously people said they won't be the first to give you 5k limit but seems otherwise with your approval.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Stralem wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:

Both versions of the Sapphire are Visa Signature cards, so Chase will not approve either for a penny less than $5000.

You don't need to have another $5000 line to qualify, but it would help to have something close to it. The highest credit line I had when I applied and got approved was only $3100.

The CS can be issued with lines less than $5k

Message 8 of 12
Stralem
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

The CS can be issued with lines less than $5k [citation needed]

Oh?

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Stralem wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

The CS can be issued with lines less than $5k [citation needed]

Oh?

It's been mentioned before here.  A quick search came up with this thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Question-about-credit-limit-transfer/td-p/2310417

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.