Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Chase Freedom while waiting for BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for Chase Freedom while waiting for BCE

Hi guys, just asked a question not too long ago and you guys had great responses! Now I have another.

I'm 20, I have an AMEX Gold card that I've had since 2011, and on my free credit reports from MyFICO and AMEX it also shows 710 for EX and 687-691 for EQ and TU. I also have on there a BoA card that I was an AU with a parent since 2009. It says its still current, but I have to talk to my parent about that and see, but it says no activity since 2011. (SIDE NOTE: If I remove myself as a user is the effect the same as closing the account?). The card has a $9,000 limit, but has had one 30 day late payment. Also, the credit reports show a $900 balance on my Gold card from last month even though I PIF (maybe someone can let me know if that is normal with a charge card, and if it is, how can I avoid it from showing like that in the future, considering I carry no balance I don't want it to show that I do!). I So those two factors along with my young credit history I guess are the things working against me right now, because other than that I haven't missed an AMEX payment at all and PIF every month. And one other thing I forgot to add, I applied for Bill Me Later when purchasing a computer last fall and got denied, so I have a HP on my EQ from April of 2012, on TU and EX the only HPs are from the AMEX Gold in 2011 which was obviously approved.

I just last night applied for the BCE from AMEX, I did it online, but of course it said they're systems were undergoing maintenance and it needed more information that it couldn't get from my account, but eventually I got to the point where it says that I'll find out shortly and can check my status online and what not. I'm guessing this probably means I'm declined? I was wondering, should I apply for another CC, maybe the Chase Freedom card or another one you guys might recommend, before this HP and possible denial shows up on my CR? Or is that a bad idea? 

Thanks in advance,

Art Vandelay

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for Chase Freedom while waiting for BCE

Go online and check the status, I called in this morning to add an employee to one of our business accounts and the rep mentioned that their computers had been down dealing with the time change and were just coming back up.  this was at 10am this morning

I would be checking every 10 minutes lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

Go online and check the status, I called in this morning to add an employee to one of our business accounts and the rep mentioned that their computers had been down dealing with the time change and were just coming back up.  this was at 10am this morning

I would be checking every 10 minutes lol

Good luck OP

Fingers crossed for ya!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 33
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SnackTrader wrote:

Yeah that link says its in progress, so I guess it went through. If I havent heard back yet, is it most likely not going to get approved? 

And in the mean time, should I shoot for the Chase Freedom? Or should I wait and see if I get approved/denied?

Message 5 of 33
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Yeah that link says its in progress, so I guess it went through. If I havent heard back yet, is it most likely not going to get approved? 

And in the mean time, should I shoot for the Chase Freedom? Or should I wait and see if I get approved/denied?

WAIT AND SEE!!!! Smiley Happy  then call Amex and ask. inqs hurts even more when you had the chance to waiiittttt

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerobacan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

WAIT AND SEE!!!! Smiley Happy  then call Amex and ask. inqs hurts even more when you had the chance to waiiittttt

Lol, I was really banking on an instant approval, now I'm all flustered! Smiley Happy

when you say, inqueries hurt more when you had the chance to wait, are you saying I should apply for the Freedom now, or immediately after the AMEX decision? Sorry haha

Message 7 of 33
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Lol, I was really banking on an instant approval, now I'm all flustered! Smiley Happy

when you say, inqueries hurt more when you had the chance to wait, are you saying I should apply for the Freedom now, or immediately after the AMEX decision? Sorry haha

Wait until after you find out from AMEX.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanbush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Wait until after you find out from AMEX.

Thanks ryanbush. I just bought my scores through Equifax.com, and my EX is now 660 due to the HP from AMEX, whereas it was showing 710 on AMEX yesterday, so the request definitely went through. 

I guess it should be if I get the BCE, then try for the Freedom, and if I get denied for the BCE, hold off on everything for a while?

Message 9 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

the freedom is a lot easier to get than the BCE.

Only because Chase approves people with less than ideal credits for toy limits (250-500). 

If you really want a Chase freedom, you might as well just go ahead right now. 

Apply for the cards you need, not for the sake of applying to raise CL

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.