Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Chase Freedom with a Serious Delinquency 12 months ago

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for Chase Freedom with a Serious Delinquency 12 months ago

@thobbs wrote:

So, since my only problem report was Experian, I decided to freeze it for the time being.  Ten minutes later, I apped for the Chase Freedom and got approved instantly within 5-10 seconds.  I don't know if they even tried pulling Experian, but hey, it worked!

If you froze your EX report than Chase pulled your EQ or TU. More than likely, your EQ.

What is your CL?

BTW...congrats !!

Message 11 of 20
thobbs
New Contributor

Not sure, it didn't say.  Just said congrats your approved and you would receive the card and info within 2 weeks.  How do I find out what my CL is?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats, just call them on 888-270-2127 and tell them you were approved online and was wondering what CL and APR they gave you.

if it's too low, you can ask them to do a recon straight away - some folks thing asking for a balance transfer is a good way to get a CLI.  

Message 13 of 20
thobbs
New Contributor

Just called, they didn't have the APR yet, but said I was approved for a $5000 CL.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and go the message "analysts are currently reviewing your application"  Our goal is to notify you within 7-10 days of this application.

What are my chances?  Can I can and find out what the stauts on the card is?  I have two paid collections from 4/07 and a low util of 8%.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

call the recon number - 888-245-0625.  not sure how they treat collections vs. lates.  are those the only baddies you have?  please update us on the response.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

I did call, not sure what number though, they said they are still reviewing and its all they can say,.  Will call the recon tomorrow. 

Thank you for the info, will definitely update as soon as I find out what happens.

Regarding the baddies, yes those are the only two paid collections I have and they are only reporting on EX and on EQ and TU only one of the paid collections is showing.

My fico reports my payment history for the past two years as Great. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gekko,

Thank you so much for the RECON number!

OMG, I am going to have a heart attack.  I called the Chase Freedom Recon number and after answering a few questions with a super nice customer service guy I was approved for a $6,000 limit!!!

Well, my mini app spress has been a super sucess.  I am so excited to finally have decent cl with good cards.  Although payment history is great, and my income is around $75k and util was low, I was worried I would get declined due to the two paid collections where are still reporting.  The Chase Freedom CSR said that he approved me because of my income and that the collection were old and paid. 

Here is what I app'd for:

PSECU -- $20k cl

Discover -- $3,500 cl

Chase Freedom -- $6,000 cl

I also applied for the Nordstrom card and I got the 7-10 day notice.  UPDATE: There was a "red flag" on my account due to wrong address reporting, after speaking with a rep, I was approved -- $2,000 cl for the store card.  Yay!! I am 100% on my apps

I am way beyon happy to say the least. 

Thank you MYFICO family for the wealth of information I obtain from these boards.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gekko,

Thank you so much for the RECON number!

OMG, I am going to have a heart attack.  I called the Chase Freedom Recon number and after answering a few questions with a super nice customer service guy I was approved for a $6,000 limit!!!

Well, my mini app spress has been a super sucess.  I am so excited to finally have decent cl with good cards.  Although payment history is great, and my income is around $75k and util was low, I was worried I would get declined due to the two paid collections where are still reporting.  The Chase Freedom CSR said that he approved me because of my income and that the collection were old and paid. 

Here is what I app'd for:

PSECU -- $20k cl

Discover -- $3,500 cl

Chase Freedom -- $6,000 cl

I also applied for the Nordstrom card and I got the 7-10 day notice. 

I am way beyon happy to say the least. 

Thank you MYFICO family for the wealth of information I obtain from these boards.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!

Message 19 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good job!!! Nice mix of TL as well...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.