cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

tag
poolin1243

Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

Hi All-

My first post on here, and learning as I go about the credit world.  Made some bad choices in the past, but credit is continually creeping upward.  

I have a 633 FICO, 638 Equi, 662 Experian, and 615 Trans.  I have 2 collection accounts, which i am disputing at the moment.  I have had no missed payments in the last 2 years on anything.

I really would love to get the Mileage card because I travel so much, it would be nice to get the miles on buying my tickets that I have to buy anyways. 

What is the likelihood of being approved either instantly or via reconsideration line?  Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Learning the Ropes.
Equi: 638
Exp: 662
Trans: 615
FICO: 633
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

You're going to end up having to deal with Chase recon...good luck.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 20
CreditHammer

Re: Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

@poolin1243 wrote:

Hi All-

My first post on here, and learning as I go about the credit world.  Made some bad choices in the past, but credit is continually creeping upward.  

I have a 633 FICO, 638 Equi, 662 Experian, and 615 Trans.  I have 2 collection accounts, which i am disputing at the moment.  I have had no missed payments in the last 2 years on anything.

I really would love to get the Mileage card because I travel so much, it would be nice to get the miles on buying my tickets that I have to buy anyways. 

What is the likelihood of being approved either instantly or via reconsideration line?  Thoughts?

Thanks all!

If the collections are in dispute then you can mention that if you do a Recon, which i strongly suggest you do if you aren't approved instantly.. Chase hates Derogs so be prepared for a Recon.. How old are the collection accounts? Since they are in Dispute i assume they arent paid?

Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What other cc's do yo have? Any relationship with Chase? Is it possible to wait for the outcome of your disputes?
Message 4 of 20
poolin1243

I have Savings + Checking with Chase, and I have a OrchardBank (now CapOne) starter CC with 300.00 limit no late payments since opening 2/2012

Id rather get it now, as I have 10+ flights coming up in the next 2 months, and would love to get the benefits + milage bonus...

Learning the Ropes.
Message 5 of 20
poolin1243

i decided to try...

APPROVED!!!!!

5000.00 CL

SO HAPPY.

Learning the Ropes.
Message 6 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 20
CreditHammer

@poolin1243 wrote:

i decided to try...

APPROVED!!!!!

5000.00 CL

SO HAPPY.

JEALOUS!!! But CONGRATS!!

Message 8 of 20
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Congrats!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 9 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

cool - congrats and happy flying Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.