Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

Hi All-

My first post on here, and learning as I go about the credit world.  Made some bad choices in the past, but credit is continually creeping upward.  

I have a 633 FICO, 638 Equi, 662 Experian, and 615 Trans.  I have 2 collection accounts, which i am disputing at the moment.  I have had no missed payments in the last 2 years on anything.

I really would love to get the Mileage card because I travel so much, it would be nice to get the miles on buying my tickets that I have to buy anyways. 

What is the likelihood of being approved either instantly or via reconsideration line?  Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Learning the Ropes.
Equi: 638
Exp: 662
Trans: 615
FICO: 633
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

You're going to end up having to deal with Chase recon...good luck.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14

Re: Applying for Chase Mileage Plus Explorer. Approval Likelihood? Even worth Trying?

poolin1243 wrote:

Hi All-

My first post on here, and learning as I go about the credit world.  Made some bad choices in the past, but credit is continually creeping upward.  

I have a 633 FICO, 638 Equi, 662 Experian, and 615 Trans.  I have 2 collection accounts, which i am disputing at the moment.  I have had no missed payments in the last 2 years on anything.

I really would love to get the Mileage card because I travel so much, it would be nice to get the miles on buying my tickets that I have to buy anyways. 

What is the likelihood of being approved either instantly or via reconsideration line?  Thoughts?

Thanks all!

If the collections are in dispute then you can mention that if you do a Recon, which i strongly suggest you do if you aren't approved instantly.. Chase hates Derogs so be prepared for a Recon.. How old are the collection accounts? Since they are in Dispute i assume they arent paid?

What other cc's do yo have? Any relationship with Chase? Is it possible to wait for the outcome of your disputes?

[ Edited ]

I have Savings + Checking with Chase, and I have a OrchardBank (now CapOne) starter CC with 300.00 limit no late payments since opening 2/2012

Id rather get it now, as I have 10+ flights coming up in the next 2 months, and would love to get the benefits + milage bonus...

Learning the Ropes.

i decided to try...

APPROVED!!!!!

5000.00 CL

SO HAPPY.

Learning the Ropes.

poolin1243 wrote:

i decided to try...

APPROVED!!!!!

5000.00 CL

SO HAPPY.

JEALOUS!!! But CONGRATS!!

New Contributor

Congrats!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

cool - congrats and happy flying :smileyhappy:

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
FICO® EQ 797 (as of today) - TU 773 (03/28) - EX 781 (04/03).. ¦ ..Fako EX 770 (04/03 - CS)
Vantage score 3.0 TU 770 - EQ 793 (CK 04/03).. ¦ ..AAoA 3yrs9mts.. ¦ ..INQ EQ (2) TU (5) EX (2)

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.