Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Citi Forward?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for Citi Forward?

Hey all! This is my post but I have been looking at the board for quite a some time now. I really want a citi forward card because of the great rewards. I eat out alot and I am attracted to the card's points for restaurants Smiley Happy I applied for a Citi select MC about 2 1/2 months ago but was rejected due to limited credit history. I've heard that Citi forward is a card to build credit history, so would it be a problem if I apply for it now? Would I still get rejected? Are there any other credit cards that offer good rewards and cash back? I currently hold a discover cl $500 and a boa platinum visa $1000. Thanks guys!

Equifax score: 688

Transunion: 721

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Citi Forward?

Woops! Also forgot to say that my oldest credit card (Old Navy cl 300) is 6 months and my oldest credit history is 2 and a half years with a student loan. credit is 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That depends on several factors. It does ask if your current a college student on the Citi Forward application but Citi is inquiry sensitive and you need to know what they pull for your state and then look at how many inq you have on record for that CRA. Also, having a source of income such a part time job would certainly help as it will ask for your income.

Message 3 of 6
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I don't see a problem with your score.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 4 of 6
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

If he has a lot of inquiries they will reject him no matter how good is history and income is. Citi has rejected me 3 times everytime for inquiries.

amazon
Message 5 of 6
RHAL
Regular Contributor

iRe: Applying for Citi Forward?

I was approved with 8 inquries for a citi card recently.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.