cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a Credit Card with a myFico Suggested Limit to Improve Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a Credit Card with a myFico Suggested Limit to Improve Credit Score

two weeks ago I signed up for a myfico Account to get a hold on my credit score of 651. myFico suggest to get a credit card with 2500 limit to improve my score to 691. Its been a long time since I have applied for a credit card. How do I go about 1. Finding out the limit of the card that i am apply for ahead of time. 2. Besides the suggestions provided by myFico, does anyone recommend a credit card company that I can apply to and not get denied? I am concern that i may get rejected and furhter worsen myfico score. Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Re: Applying for a Credit Card with a myFico Suggested Limit to Improve Credit Score

Welcome!

Are there any negatives/baddies on your report?

What accounts do you have open now on your report?

Theres no way to get a definite answer as to how much the line will be prior to applying. Even secured cards make you apply first. You can always check out the Capital One card finder tool. It's a pretty solid prequal site, but still no guarantees.

Good Luck

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 2 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for a Credit Card with a myFico Suggested Limit to Improve Credit Score

Also remember that MyFICO credit score estimator is just that, an estimation... it might bring you to 691 it might bring you to 701, then again it could bring you to 660.
MyFICO stated if I paid my Cabelas WFB off I would go up 7 points but I only went up 2... to 771 EX
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am concern that i may get rejected and furhter worsen myfico score. Thanks for your help in advance.

Others can help you on the other questions better than I, so I'll leave that to them.

A lot of people hear about the dings you get on your credit for rejections, and they are there. In your case however, I wouoldn't be overly concerned about it. Whatever rejections you may get will be far outweighed by getting one approval. It probably won't even take very long for that to happen either.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Jesus! I am sorry to sound like such a rookie, but I really appreciate the advice and support from all of you. I thought my question would be overlook, but I was def proved wrong. 

I will use the capital one tool to apply for a credit card. I can understand how getting approved for card even if it brings my score up to two points would be more beneficial then getting a couple of dings on my score. Thank you everyone for your comments and support once again - RogerRogerX

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.