Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a Home Depot Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a Home Depot Card

Lowes is good with the CLIs if you use the card every once in a while.  I got mine with a $400 limit in October 2009.  It now sits at $5550.  I make a minor purchase every couple of months for things I need anyway (furnace filters, bulbs...) and hit the LUV button after every 4th statement.

Message 11 of 14
NeedinHelp42
New Contributor

For those who asked, I applied in-store.  I have no idea what kind of insight they have, but the woman at customer service basically said to call and I could likely get the limit increased if I needed.  The $450 was plenty for what I needed-a good self-propelled push mower.

After reading what folks have said here, I plan to just keep making small purchases and hitting the cli increase button every 4 months as I have been successfully rebuilding for about a year now.

Message 12 of 14
tray
Valued Contributor

Well today I could not resist, I had to app for lowes since their advertising today is not 6 months but 18 months of interest free financing, i went in store purchased some appliances totaling around $2,400.00 then went to customer service to app for the card I was approved $4,800.00 cl only pull was from eq report, my scores are really going to tank for a while, but I will enjoy the 18months financing.  I say always app in store.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also in in Menards the other day I saw they cc app and I started reading into and they are owned by HSBC so I mean you could try their too see what happens since everybody says their easier to get in to.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.