Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a Macy's CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a Macy's CC

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, since you all "forced" me to apply for a Macy's card I did. Here's the story.

1. Applied online
2. I guess I got approved(I thought at the time). I didn't get the standard "congrats, you've been approved with a cl of $xxxx". Only an account number, which kind of threw me.
3. Had to call Cust. Service and spoke to a CSR to find out cl. They gave me only $300 cl. NOT acceptable.
4. Told csr to close the account for to low of a cl, but if I could get an immediate cli, I MIGHT consider keeping it(I was very disappointed and somewhat perturbed).

She asked me several store card questions(cl, current bal, etc), put me on hold...came back with an offer of doubling the cl to $600, with saying after 3 months of good payment history, call back for an additional cli.

That was marginally acceptable to me, and I told her so, and that I accept their offer.

For the first time in my credit life, I am able to dictate to a ccc MY terms. It IS a feeling of empowerment, and I DO have some control over my credit. And it's all due to you fine people. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Oh, very nicely handled! Nice work.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

hauling, I "think" they pulled only one hard inq on me. When I originally applied, that is I THINK. I only got one inq notice from my monitoring service.

With the detailed questions she asked about my other store cards, it's my assumption. We'll see though.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read that you already app'd for the card but when I app'd for Express they asked for a Major. I think when they ask for info like that they go off of their own standards and fico. I guess it is to say if you can handle one card, you can handle two. I don't know, that is just what I thought.
Message 13 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, I need to go find a card that just looks at my FICO (EX or TU, not EQ!!) and the fact that some other CCC was crazy enough to trust me! hmmmmm
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info everyone. I had a gut feeling that sometimes on approval they were looking to see what your other cards were and their limits to base your new limit on- but this was the first time I have heard of you actually having to provide an actual CC number.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Macy's in store.  Had to swipe a card. They say for ID purposes but they were looking at my photo ID.  Samething with Kohls.  Closed them crappy 300.00 limit which they were unwilling to raise.  Chase of course.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job Sylvia I like the controlling efforts--I see if got the job done!! Let us know what happens in 3 mos Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats Syvia - You are truly an empowered woman and you sure worked the system to your benefit.

I'm sure this was an incredible feeling !
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks b.w. for the kind words. With your scores soaring like they are, it won't be long until you're in the 700 club! A 100 point increase across the board in only 4.5 months!

Keep up the good work. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Syliva - this calls for an appropriate song ......

"I am woman, hear me roar In numbers too big to ignore And I know too much to go back an' pretend 'cause I've heard it all before And I've been down there on the floor No one's ever gonna keep me down again CHORUS Oh yes I am wise But it's wisdom born of pain Yes, I've paid the price But look how much I gained If I have to, I can do anything I am strong (strong) I am invincible (invincible) I am woman You can bend but never break me 'cause it only serves to make me More determined to achieve my final goal And I come back even stronger Not a novice any longer 'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul CHORUS I am woman watch me grow See me standing toe to toe As I spread my lovin' arms across the land But I'm still an embryo With a long long way to go Until I make my brother understand Oh yes I am wise But it's wisdom born of pain Yes, I've paid the price But look how much I gained If I have to I can face anything I am strong (strong) I am invincible (invincible) I am woman Oh, I am woman I am invincible I am strong FADE I am woman I am invincible I am strong I am woman "
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.