cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a few Cards... is the time right now?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applying for a few Cards... is the time right now?

@dannyTX80 wrote:

BTW getting that judgement removed, will I see a big jump in my scores?

It depends on your overall profile. Right now you are bucketed in with other people who have PRs on their report and are scored on that curve, if the PR is removed and there are no other PRs on file then you get rebucketed into the group of people who do not have PRs on their report and are scored on that curve. This is a relatively new PR and you could see a nice bump but again as I said its based on overall profile.

Message 11 of 13
dannyTX80

I just applied for a few cards and this is the outcome:

1: Discover IT - They're pending a decision.. I'll call tomorrow morning and see if they can approve it on the phone. They said they'd let me know within 7-10 days

2: Barclay Rewards MC - $500 approval - I did the prequal and it said "didn't find any existing offers, but we can recommend these" and took the plunge...

3: Applied at my local CU where I have over $9K in a few accounts - hopefully they'll approve me there

4: Submitted Amex Bue Card - the electronic denial said "legal item(s)" - I googled and saw it is probably due to the judgement.. I'll call in the morning and see if anything happens with the recon

5: Last one of the night.. Capital One QuickSilver - $3K !!!

Message 12 of 13
dannyTX80

Just wanted to give a final update as to all my new apps:

1: Discover IT - Got approved for $8500

2: BarClay Rewards MC - $500

3: Local CU - $2500 pending tax documents for income verification

4: Amex Blue - Denied

5: CapitalOne QuickSilverOne - $3000

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.