cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a new Capital One Card with a Charge-off ?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Applying for a new Capital One Card with a Charge-off ?

Should pay off the Co even without the PFD. You'll be able to get card from them shortly after its paid
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:
Should pay off the Co even without the PFD. You'll be able to get card from them shortly after its paid

I was thinking this same thing.  This is actually my husband's.  I've JUST started working on his reports. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CO with Cap One from Feb 2012. I haven't paid anything on it and I was approved for a secured card with them in April 2014. So it is possible. It's not like they've forgotten. If I go to my linked accounts on their webpage it shows up as a closed account. Go figure??
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a C/O with them in 2008 and got approved for a Journey in 2011.

Honestly, I could have probably just applied in 2009 and forward and probably been approved. I just wasn't applying for much credit at the time since I still had my AMEX BSP with a $5,000 CL.

Message 14 of 17
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I have a charge off appearing on my credit report that is unpaid and I haven't had any trouble being approved for a capital one account let alone any of the other accounts I've obtained.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add Cap 1 just approved me for an unsecured card. Just $300 CL but still it's something.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a capital one chargeoff from 2004 (10 years ago) I dont think it was ever paid. I got it when I was 18 and stupid. It has since aged off my reports and hasnt been on there for the last few years. Even though its not on my reports I was certain it would still be in Capital Ones system. However I was approved for a secured card from them 6 months ago and a quicksilver one this month. Granted my QS1 is only a $300 limit but im still rebuilding and all of my cards right now are toy limits.

Thinking about it now it might of been paid because I have a open Capital One account listed only on my EQ report. Its from 2004 (still open) with a Paid as Agreed, 0 balance and no lates at all. It also doesnt state a credit limit. I believe its still a old restricted account from Capital One. Even though the 0 credit limit from that account isnt helping my utilization, the age of the account (2004) is definitely helping my AAoA! I kinda wish it was listed on all my reports
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.