Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a new Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a new Credit Card

I currenlty have one credit card, a credit union Visa. My scores range from 650 to 684 and I had a bankruptcy discharged about a year and 6 months ago. Does anyone know of a Visa or MC that I could likely get approved for? 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a new Credit Card

Check the stickies.  Click on "Credit Cards" on the top of this board - click on Helpful Threads - then click on BK Friendly CC's.  You'll find lots of goodies there.

My favorite post-BK rebuilder card is Orchard Bank.  My Orchard had a $59 AF, 14.99% interest rate.  (DH had a $49 AF + a $49 processing fee).  We have paid no interest or fees aside from those.  Very easy to manage online.  Started at $500 and they CLI'd to $700 at 6 months upon request - posters are noting that CLI's at 6 months intervals are typical.  It's important to FICO that you have a bank card, so this one fits that requirement. 

Credit union Visa's will not meet FICO's criteria for a bank card - so it's good to add one of those animals to your wallet.  Also, many CU's (both of mine) do not report to TU.

I like my Macy's.  They're not as easy to manage online, but doable.  Dillard's is also an easy approval.

Several posters also recommend a secured bank card for rebuilding.  I didn't try that - but there's lots of positive experiences posted here.

Don't go overboard!  Good luck!

Message Edited by beamMEup on 10-29-2009 11:33 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.