Applying for another Chase card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for another Chase card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for taking a year to get back and not replying ... apologies

I ended up closing my Chase Amazon.com card and applied for the CSP. I called the customer service they told me they were not able to transfer the credit limit from the Amazon card to the CSP since I was not eligible so I just closed it.

Thanks for all your responses!

Just curious, why did you close the Chase Amazon card?

I lived in a condo last year and packages from Amazon kept on mysteriously gone missing where the UPS driver usually leaves the package in the front gate (no front desk in my building). After a while I have gotten an email from cis at Amazon saying my account has been closed due to misuse.

I didn't bother to do anything but closed my chase account. Recently I moved and got the ban lifted (after lots of lots of emailing calling, literally a small case) by the executive customer service department.

Now I am actually thinking about reapplying for that card, not sure if I can get the sign up bonus

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, right now I have a Chase Amazon.com Visa Signature card. I'm thinking about applying for another card, any suggestions?

Also, if, in the future that I don't like the new card can I close it transfer all the limit to the Chase Amazon.com card?

Right now I have 1 inquiry on my credit report (less than 3 months agao) and 3 new accounts (less than 6 months).

Ty.

I have a Chase Amazon with $2500 limit. Got it in July 2015 and PIF monthly. Got lured by the United MileagePlus offer and applied. Got denied and did a Recon. The Recon Office told me to wait for at least 6 months after opening the first account. Will try again in Jan 2016.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I ended up closing my Chase Amazon.com card and applied for the CSP. I called the customer service they told me they were not able to transfer the credit limit from the Amazon card to the CSP since I was not eligible so I just closed it.

I lived in a condo last year and packages from Amazon kept on mysteriously gone missing where the UPS driver usually leaves the package in the front gate (no front desk in my building). After a while I have gotten an email from cis at Amazon saying my account has been closed due to misuse.

I didn't bother to do anything but closed my chase account. Recently I moved and got the ban lifted (after lots of lots of emailing calling, literally a small case) by the executive customer service department.

Now I am actually thinking about reapplying for that card, not sure if I can get the sign up bonus

Amazon prime store card might work better? It only has $20 signup bonus but it's 5% for amazon purchases.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would wait a month or so on the amazon store card or at least a few weeks. i bet the sign up bonus is going to shoot up some due to holiday shopping.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon prime store card might work better? It only has $20 signup bonus but it's 5% for amazon purchases.

Thanks for letting me know that! I actually didn't know the store card gives 5% back! I thought it's just a "useless" financing card ..

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can either get 5% cash back of finance on orders over $300 i think with no cash back
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.