Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for green

tag
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Applying for green

I just received a pre-selected offer to apply from AMEX today. I am thinking about applying. I don't know what my EX FICO is but my FAKO from FCR.COM is 691. My EQ FICO is 665 and my FICO TU is 668. I have 2 CC one in 2006 CHASE FREEDOM with a $400 CL and Orchard Bank $300 CL I have several other rev Accts. the offer is for a green card but should I apply for a Zync instead because its easier? I wouldn't be pre selected if I apply for a Zync card if that means anything.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying for green

@Dishpro wrote:
I just received a pre-selected offer to apply from AMEX today. I am thinking about applying. I don't know what my EX FICO is but my FAKO from FCR.COM is 691. My EQ FICO is 665 and my FICO TU is 668. I have 2 CC one in 2006 CHASE FREEDOM with a $400 CL and Orchard Bank $300 CL I have several other rev Accts. the offer is for a green card but should I apply for a Zync instead because its easier? I wouldn't be pre selected if I apply for a Zync card if that means anything.

If you are receiving offers from AmEx; that's a good thing. 

I personally recommend applying for the card you actually want. I see no reason to pay an AF for a card you don't want. 

A couple of years ago; I received a pre-selected affer from Amex for the Green.  I didn't want that card; so I shredded it.   A couple of months later; I received an offer for Zync (Zync had just come out). I chose to App for the Blue Cash instead. Instant approval (my first AmEx).   I had a 712 FAKO w/ no baddies and maybe 18 months of credit history, at the time. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 2 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The criteria are similar; with zync being pretty forgiving of really old mistakes; that's my opinion; I suggest comparing card benefits and applying for the.one that best suits your needs. And by the way I have zync and I like customizing my card using the packs.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I decided to do app online and after I entered the R.S.V.P.# it took me to a page that said I was also selected to apply for a Gold card as well. Am I right in assuming that the gold card is harder to qualify for?

Starting Score:

Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think it depends on your income. If your income is good and the gold card is a better fit than green; go for it.
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Update us please Smiley Happy I'm dying to know which card you picked and if it was an instant approval.
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Well I took a deep breath and finally hit the submit button and after about 15 seconds it came back with an instant approval. should be receiving my card in 7 to 10 business days. Wow. I am so happy.

Starting Score:

Message 7 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That 15 seconds felt like 15 days, right?  Smiley Happy

Which card did you end up with?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I went for the green card. I didn't have enough confidence for the gold. I was more nervous waiting on the 15 second answer than I was after asking my wife to marry me. Thank god that was an instant approval as well. Thanks to this forum I am learning more and more about credit and how it works!

Starting Score:

Message 9 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

May have been able to app both under one HP.

Either way, grats!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.