cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for second Citi card within 30 days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for second Citi card within 30 days?

I applied for (and was approved) for a Citi HHonors Signature Visa on 6/20 - now I'm reading the threads about the Citi Plat AMEX and am interested in the Priority Pass membership that is included.

I was not planning on apping any more (I have about 5 new cards this year) but this may be too good to pass up. 

My question is will apping result in another hard inq (they pulled EX) or since I am within 30 days will they use the same report?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for second Citi card within 30 days?

techno-pagan wrote:
I applied for (and was approved) for a Citi HHonors Signature Visa on 6/20 - now I'm reading the threads about the Citi Plat AMEX and am interested in the Priority Pass membership that is included.

I was not planning on apping any more (I have about 5 new cards this year) but this may be too good to pass up. 

My question is will apping result in another hard inq (they pulled EX) or since I am within 30 days will they use the same report?

It will be another hard.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar is right, it is another hard.

Word to the wise, it seems that Citi doesn't like it when you apply for more than one card in a short time period. I recently apped for a couple of Citi cards within a 30-day time period and was denied for the second one. After waiting for Citi's 60-day waiting period before I was able to re-app for the same card and was approved. The cards I applied for were both prime rewardsd cards: the Dividend Platinum Select Mastercard and the Premier Pass Mastercard.

YMMV though, let us know how it goes.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

It will be another hard.

Well it is going to have to wait a year them Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

what does ymmv mean? sorry ...
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

d09 wrote:
what does ymmv mean? sorry ...

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary (catch-all phrase to say, "This has been my experience and the experience of those whose posts I have read, but nothing is guaranteed so your experience may be different.")

Message 6 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Citi has two processing groups. One based in SD and other based in Delaware. They both seem to have different way of handling things. Key is to figure out the cards you are applying for processed by who.

I applied for Citi Bronze AA Card and approved for 5k. Next day I applied for Citi HH and got approved for $12K. Two weeks later I combined them both into one card and changed it to Dividends Card with CL of $17K. Couple of days later I applied for Citi Smith Barney Card and got approved for $15K.

Since then I have been trying to get Citi Flex LOC and they keep saying I applied in the last 60 days and try again. I have decided to wait till Sept 15th and try again for Citi Flex LOC.

From what I gather the groups in SD they are very picky and would not like applying for more than one card with in 60 days. Any the above is my experience with Citi.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Citi has two processing groups. One based in SD and other based in Delaware. They both seem to have different way of handling things. Key is to figure out the cards you are applying for processed by who.

I applied for Citi Bronze AA Card and approved for 5k. Next day I applied for Citi HH and got approved for $12K. Two weeks later I combined them both into one card and changed it to Dividends Card with CL of $17K. Couple of days later I applied for Citi Smith Barney Card and got approved for $15K.

Since then I have been trying to get Citi Flex LOC and they keep saying I applied in the last 60 days and try again. I have decided to wait till Sept 15th and try again for Citi Flex LOC.

From what I gather the groups in SD they are very picky and would not like applying for more than one card with in 60 days. Any the above is my experience with Citi.

Holy multiple applications batman! It's usually a limit of two applications per 60-day period. Applying, combining, converting, reapplying... You're all over the place!
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember seeing the DE address for the inquiry (I think that is where I saw it).  I only remember because the card shows as "CITI SD" or something like that on my report but then I noticed the DE address which I thought was strange.

It doesn't really matter - I'm not apping until 6/2009 (if at all) - I don't really need it - I was just intersted in the airport lounge perk...

-TP

Yup, DE on the inquiry:

CITI
110 LAKE DR
NEWARK DE 19702

Message Edited by techno-pagan on 07-14-2008 02:09 PM
Message 9 of 15
chivo
New Contributor

hi techno,wow,you have nice scores to deal with. I hope that someday I reach close to 700 with 1 of my credit reports. I have a 611 with EX and 655 with EQ. Forget it about my TU of 628. I expect that score to vanish by next month because the 4 only accounts I have do not belong to me. TU deleted 3 of those so far,and 1 account is pending for investigation...that stinks...LOL..haha.. any tips?..thanks.. chivo..
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.