cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying with cap1

tag
born2bleed

Applying with cap1

So I was a victim of identity theft awhile back and one of the cards opened in my name was a cap1. I sent letters years ago but I never got anything back from cap1. I recently checked my report and the delinquencies are off my report now but I'm not sure if they had just fell off or were a direct action of my letters.

So now I pretty much have no credit. If I apply for a cap1 non secured card for average credit and I don't get approved would they counter with an option of a secured card on the same hard pull?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
PayPal Extras MasterCard (1k), Discover IT (1k)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Re: Applying with cap1

Welll from what I gather, a deliquency stays on reports for the min. of 7 years, has it been that long/longer? If not they may of took it off your report themself. As for the cap one card im not sure, lol not a helpful answer I know, but keep in mind cap one pulls all 3 of your reports regardless of the card applied for. Aside frim that someone else may be more help lol.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 2 of 6
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@MegaZX30 wrote:
Welll from what I gather, a deliquency stays on reports for the min. of 7 years, has it been that long/longer? If not they may of took it off your report themself. As for the cap one card im not sure, lol not a helpful answer I know, but keep in mind cap one pulls all 3 of your reports regardless of the card applied for. Aside frim that someone else may be more help lol.

Do you have anything on your reports at all? what about negatives?  if you don't have any negatives you would be much better off apping somewhere like Discover, BOA, or Chase where you can recon and explain your situation and get approved for a card that will grow with you.

Please share a little more about your credit profile and there are quite a few people here that will be able to help you.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

try ge cards.Sorry to hear about the itheft.good luck

Message 4 of 6
born2bleed

I have nothing on my credit report besides and gas card that I was a AU on that's now closed but never had a late payment. In progress of getting an eq report but I was able to pull ex and tu report and no baddies show up on them, can't get a fico here cause of no history right now essentially. Creditkarma gives me a score of 651 which is fair and freecreditreport gave me a 733 I know both are fakos but might be a step in the right direction. So you think trying for a discover it might work? Someone I work with just got one with 1400 cl with no history but he's a student.

Again any help advice greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
born2bleed

Oh and the bad cards were opened in 2004 so they could have just fell off as well
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.