Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying??

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Applying??

I am two and a half years removed from BK. I have established 7 CC accounts and one auto loan. My credit score is around 650. I was wondering when is it ok to start taking the chance and apply for prime credit cards?
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying??

dallasjetfan wrote:
I am two and a half years removed from BK. I have established 7 CC accounts and one auto loan. My credit score is around 650. I was wondering when is it ok to start taking the chance and apply for prime credit cards?

Do you have any recent baddies what cards are you trying to replace.
Message 2 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

Do you have any recent baddies what cards are you trying to replace.

Since my BK was filed in October of 2004 and discharged in March of 2005, I have had no baddies.

Walmart (GEMB): $250 Never use
Chevron/Texaco (GEMB): $400 Use then PIF each month
Care Credit (GEMB): $3500 Lasik surgery--Almost paid off and will never use probably
Car Care One (GEMB): $900 Use for buying 4X4 stuff for my Jeep

None of the GEMB cards are actual CC's! Then I have:

Capital One: $3550 ($3150 util)
US Airways (Juniper): $2500 ($2000 util)
Hooters: $1300 ($1000 util)

I would like to ultimately replace each of my current CC's with one or two prime CC's. At some point having a prime CC with a $15,000 CL would be ideal. I know I should also pay down my CC's which I am currently doing.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan wrote:

I would like to ultimately replace each of my current CC's with one or two prime CC's. At some point having a prime CC with a $15,000 CL would be ideal. I know I should also pay down my CC's which I am currently doing.

Why would you wanna close any of these cards it seems like you have good limits unless your paying AF every year an if so you should to get them to remove them. If you gonna apply for anything i would wait until you pay some of your balances down cause most of your cards are maxed out an that might mess up any possible approvals for any prime card.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 08-17-2008 09:26 AM
Message 4 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I don't want to close them necessarily, I would just like a prime card with a much higher CL for bigger purchases down the road.
Message 5 of 21
Bella1980
Established Contributor

We need to know what your scores are on each report to see which cards you may qualify for.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan wrote:
I don't want to close them necessarily, I would just like a prime card with a much higher CL for bigger purchases down the road.

Ok first thing you need to do is pay down your balances allot of the prime big dogs might frown on your current credit cards being maxed out.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also i'm sure your score is hurting somewhat to because your using most of available credit.
Message 8 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

My scores are 650 EX, 668 EQ, 655 TU. I figured if I paid most of this off in the next 3 months, I would have close to 700 across the board. I'm not in any hurry for a prime card, I am just curious what scores I need and if any will accept post-BK?
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan wrote:
My scores are 650 EX, 668 EQ, 655 TU. I figured if I paid most of this off in the next 3 months, I would have close to 700 across the board. I'm not in any hurry for a prime card, I am just curious what scores I need and if any will accept post-BK?

Your scores are good right now but i'm sure they will be even better once you pay your CC balances down, Pay your balances down for the next 3 months let them report to the CRA then apply. You should be ready for a mini application spree at the first of the year.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.