Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apporama with Fraud Alert = Not fun!

tag
dabearsv2
Contributor

Apporama with Fraud Alert = Not fun!

So my DW got her wallet stolen 2 months ago and her SS card was inside. She placed an Initial Fraud Alert on all 3 CRAs. Today, it was her turn to AoR for our wedding next month! Well the results were a total PITA, even with her scores in the 800s!

1st - Barclay Arrival + -got the 30 day notice. Called recon line, they really close at 5pm EST?!?! UGH! Will have to call back tomorrow

2nd - Chase United Explorer - 7-10 day notice. Called recon line, they asked about some other Chase card balance/due date. Approved for 5k (must be reaching her max with them!)

3rd - Citi Personal AAdvantage - 7-10 day notice. Called recon line, put on hold twice for 5 minutes. They come back and say they are mailing a letter and she should receive it in 7-10 days, the letter will advise her how to continue the verification process. She asked if there was a way to do it over the phone, and they said, not until the letter comes.

I had 1 or 2 other cards i wanted to haver her app for, but I'm pretty frustrated by this! Another thing that is possibly causing an issue, is I added her on my Amex as an AU about 4 months ago. We officially live in different residences, but my address is showing as her most recent address, even though its not techniclly her address. If I had known it would be an issue, I never would have made her an AU.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my frustration! I understand the CC providers are doing their due diligence, and I can respect that, but it sure does take the fun out of AoRs! ....and hopefully she learned not to keep her SS card in her wallet!

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Apporama with Fraud Alert = Not fun!

I'll never do a fraud alert again. Freezing is more effective and way less of a pain to me. Even asking for a cli with a fraud alert can be an issue.

Message 2 of 3
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apporama with Fraud Alert = Not fun!

I have had a fraud alert for years. I am use to it but it can be a little fruatrating.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.