Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprehensive to apply for Barclays

tag
timber
Regular Contributor

Re: Apprehensive to apply for Barclays

Congrats on the approval!

Those considering the Apple financing 12 month no interest offer should also consider the GEMB Amazon Store Card (not to be confused with the Chase Amazon Visa - that has no 12 mo finance offer). The 12 months interest free financing offer is for purchases over $699 or for 6 months between $149 - $699. Plus you can use it on a whole lot more than just Apple products... add accessories to your cart or anything else up to your approved CL and it will be 12 months interest free. You can also use it over and over again for other special finance offers each time you pay it off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html/?place=campts%3D6mo330t1ir7qkbgovg6usmbtjm6fh1f&...

I decided to go with the Amazon card and was approved for $4500. I purchased a new 13inch MacBook Air that was $100 less than the Apple store and no sales tax. Just wanted to offer another option out there, as I was about to pull the trigger on the Barclays Apple financing too, until I started looking around and found the Amazon store account offer.

Message 51 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone! I went with the regular Barclayscard for Apple but my app said something about iTunes so I'm not really sure (my primary concern was the 0% interest, so iTunes would just be a nice added bonus). Whenever my card gets here I'm going to the Apple store to buy my Macbook. Which size do you guys have/prefer? I'm torn between the 13 inch and 15 inch. I've had a 15 inch for years but I'm not sure if I want to keep a 15 inch or get a 13. I use my laptop for everything...I'm a teacher, so I use it to plan lessons/enter grades/do research and I'm a grad student so I use it for typing up papers/research/mandatory online postings. Thoughts?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought 13" macbook pro a month ago. I think 15" is too big and you need to pay unnecessary $600 for just bigger screen. Those money could be used toward new ipad or ipod. 

Message 53 of 55
DonDraper
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought 13" macbook pro a month ago. I think 15" is too big and you need to pay unnecessary $600 for just bigger screen. Those money could be used toward new ipad or ipod. 

I agree. I love my 13" MBP. If I could afford an 11" MacBook Air, I'd get one of those too.

Message 54 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an iPod already and an iPad for work. I'm not as sold on the iPad. It's hard to go from a 15" to a 13" after 6 years. PC to Mac is a big enough adjustment for me so far. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.