Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval For My App Spree!!!

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approval For My App Spree!!!

P.S. What cards do you have and what are their CL?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 21 of 36
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! What is your income if you don't mind me asking?

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 22 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Hey, Thanks! My Previous Cards and their respective app dates [month/year] are: Bank of America Amex (8/10), Capital 1 (8/10), Discover More (8/11), Amex BCE (8/11), Chase Freedom(2/12) & a Citi Dividend card(2/12). Most of them are less than a year old. I have only received a CLI on the BoA ($2,500>$5K) and the Cit ($4K>$5.2K). I have 13 inquiries (for the 12 cards I have).  I was really shocked that Chase extended me with so much credit, I will treat them well. The funny thing is, last month my score was higher until my Citi posted an Apple purchase which gave me 70% utility on that card. My score went back up this month but not to the exact status. I am ecstatic with all my approvals. I know you are looking for sign up bonuses as well. When I looked for the new cards, I wanted to make sure they would primarily serve as life long cards. It doesn't hurt that they have amazing bonuses. I am going to Paris/Rome for spring break next year, and the sign up bonuses alone are paying for my hotel stay for 10 days at luxury hotels so I am very happy to say the least! 

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going on an app spree in December. I will see if anyone other than US Bank wants my business. I'm up to almost 70,000 in flexpoints from the flexperks program. I think I will go the same route as you did with the hotel cards. I will use the flexpoints for airfare and probably HHonors for free nights.

Your post is very encouraging for young people, great credit cards aren't entirely out of the question.

It might be helpful to know your income, maybe that is effecting how much credit they are giving you. I am only around $50k so with new credit they are still being a bit hesitant about giving me more credit.

Thanks again, and have patients in the garden.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 36
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink: What cards do you currently have and what are their CL? I don't think it's my income as I am a student (I have decent income, albeit less than what you posted). I have been careful with my cards using them as tools and not as magical purchasing agents lol. I think that is why I have been extended so much credit. 

P.S. 50K income @ 21 years of age is really impressive. Are you still in school?

Message 24 of 36
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Turned 21 in july here. 

im not apping for hilton honors or anything but. 

recently promoted and got a big bump in pay. a year ago i was making under 15k a year to now full time 34k not including 60k bonuses cap. (if i meet all my goals) 

my aaoa is now 8 months. oldest card being 2 years this month. 

10 Accounts Reporting 0 Student Debt. 9 Revolvers 1 Auto Loan. 

All Payments On Time No Baddies Just inq. 

CL range from 400(2 store cards) to 3500. in the next year or too i plan on being able to qualify for some 5k+ cards. 

scores as of this moment are in my sig. 

your not the only young one thinking about their future. We are out there! lol 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 25 of 36
Elcid89
Contributor

(From an old guy) You kids give me hope for the future Smiley Happy

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 26 of 36
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@ CreditChamp: Even though no one here knows me on a personal level, I don't feel 100% comfortable posting my income. I'm still a student taking ~ 18 credits per semester, so I try to balance school & work the best I can. I can tell you though that I make less than what has been posted so far on this specific thread. I am careful using my cards and never use cash, so all my purchases go through my CC's.

@Creditnocash: I didn't mean to offend any one in this forum. I definately don't think I'm above anyone, or that I am alone in the goals I have. I am inspired by many youngsters that have done great things with their credit. I just wanted to tell my story and thank the people who have been helpful.

P.S. Nice bump in the income, congrats! Are you still a student? If all you guys that posted income are students, you guys have my highest respects having a full time job + being a student.

Message 27 of 36
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Elcid89: Thanks, I hope to get the CL you have one day Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 36
Elcid89
Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

@Elcid89: Thanks, I hope to get the CL you have one day Smiley Happy

Keep doing what you are doing and you will. My first credit card was in 1975. They gave me $100 (LOL). Huge oak trees grow from tiny acorns if you treat them right. Smiley Happy

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 29 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

US Bank College Visa 05/2011 $300 limit 6 months later $2500 limit...Then I line swapped some later because I don't us it and it is at a $500 limit now.

US Bank Select Rewards 03/2012 $3500 limit then stopped using is and line swapped it to a $1000 limit

Capital One Journey Card 03/12 $1000 currently $1500 due to credit steps

Best Buy Card 03/12 $1200 limit, called for increase a few months after app. Current credit limit $3000

Bill me later line of credit. Not reported to agencies, but cost a HP. $1400 limit

US Bank Visa Signature 06/2012 $5000 limit, pretty soft limit though....$4500 of that limit came from my other US Bank cards, so I was only given $500 in new credit

I don't have much for proof of income, so I am actually surprised I got cards under the age of 21 at all. I got my AA degree at age 17, but I never finished up my BA. I am working as an in home tutor for middle school kids, but it's pretty slow right now. Since I bank with US Bank, they see my spending and payment habits. So they were very generous at the start. They are starting to ease up on the amount of new credit they are extending me. They are telling me that towards the end of this year or at the start of next. They will be ready to give me some increases. I might try to upgrade my select rewards or college visa to a Cash+ card.

PS: No matter how much I make, it seems to go so fast. Just spent $5.19 per gallon on gas today. The harder I work and more I earn (although those two things aren't necessarily related) the faster I spend money.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.