Did you mean: 

Approval For My App Spree!!!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval For My App Spree!!!

@Elcid89 wrote:

(From an old guy) You kids give me hope for the future Smiley Happy

I hope our good starts continue well into the future. Thank you for all the knowledge you have been sharing with us on the boards these last couple days.

Although, I still think you would benefit from the HHonors reserve card Smiley Happy

I am not usually a fan of AF's, but in your case it seems warranted.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 36
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

I hope our good starts continue well into the future. Thank you for all the knowledge you have been sharing with us on the boards these last couple days.

Although, I still think you would benefit from the HHonors reserve card Smiley Happy

I pay enough in annual fees as it is already. Smiley Happy

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 32 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

I don't see how the Amex warrants the fee, but I don't have the card to decide. I think if you are able to concentrate investments in a specific bank, you would qualify for a private client card that doesn't carry an annual fee and has good benefits. I talk a lot about US Bank, because they are my bank. To use them as an example. They have a reserve flexperks card that offers benefits like the amex but without the fee. http://www.privateclientreserve.usbank.com/flexperks

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 33 of 36
Elcid89
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

I don't see how the Amex warrants the fee, but I don't have the card to decide. I think if you are able to concentrate investments in a specific bank, you would qualify for a private client card that doesn't carry an annual fee and has good benefits. I talk a lot about US Bank, because they are my bank. To use them as an example. They have a reserve flexperks card that offers benefits like the amex but without the fee. http://www.privateclientreserve.usbank.com/flexperks

I basically live on airplanes because of my employment. With the Platinum, I get complimentary access to American, Delta and US Airways VIP lounges, Amex credits me back for up to $200 of airline fees annually, 20% points rebate when I book tickets using MR points, no foreign transaction fees, a free international companion ticket is available anytime I book overseas travel in Business or FC (usually FC since the company is reimbursing the cost of the ticket), Amex paid for my Global Entry pass, 24 hour concierge who can pretty much get you whatever you want, etc.

The airline VIP lounge memberships alone outweigh the AF. Throw in the fee reimbursements and the free airline tickets and, from my perspective, it's a bargain at the price.

The rewards on that card don't look bad, but I don't have any reason to switch wealth managers just to get it.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 34 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I, also, am SERIOUSLY impressed!

And that's coming from another ahem "slightly older" member Smiley Wink

It's amazing to see so many young members getting approved for some of these cards and limits.  I've been impressed and happy for all of them and hope they remember the advice, lessons and stories from others they've read here, even if they don't visit here much as time goes on. 

I have to say, they really seem on top of things for their ages.  Makes me wish MyFico would have been around when I was that age.....  but... few people had internet access then Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 35 of 36
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

nenuco wrote: 

@Creditnocash: I didn't mean to offend any one in this forum. I definately don't think I'm above anyone, or that I am alone in the goals I have. I am inspired by many youngsters that have done great things with their credit. I just wanted to tell my story and thank the people who have been helpful.

P.S. Nice bump in the income, congrats! Are you still a student? If all you guys that posted income are students, you guys have my highest respects having a full time job + being a student.

no worries im not offended. i was just putting it out there that there are other youngsters (as my older friends call me) looking at their credit. 

and yes thank you. i was a full time student until june of this past year but im taking this semester off until jan but i have always worked 40 hours through my first 3 years for my degree. (went to school in summer and intersession)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.