cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

Established Contributor

Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

AAoA 0.9 years

Student Loan 6k deferred status until 2017

On time payment history no baddies

11 inquiries (a couple unauthorized)

 

Scores in sig are updated as of today. Applied for Discover It Students (500+intro offer) and Chase Freedom (1.5k+intro offer) approved for both. 

 

Currently reporting are

GE/American Eagle $700cl hit love button last night and got inc to 1000

Cap1 Journey $500cl

 

Great lakes stafford loan

6.3k a couple payments on it paying off interest. 

 

odds at AMEX Delta Gold and Citi (any non-student version)

 

Applied for AMEX Blue Sky instant deny called this morning for recon request status is now In Progress.

 

p.s YOU GUYS ROCK

20 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

Sorry not to good.Need to be above 725 fico on Equifax and Transunion

Great lakes stafford loan

6.3k a couple payments on it paying off interest. Is a major barrier

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

Again, stranger things have happened with Amex but I would have waited until your new cards reported for 6 mos. Citi, did you apply for the Forward?
Established Contributor

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi


danielodonoll wrote:

Sorry not to good.Need to be above 725 fico on Equifax and Transunion

Great lakes stafford loan

6.3k a couple payments on it paying off interest. Is a major barrier


Even if it is In School status? I do not think it even reports payments lol all reports say Paid as Agreed for the loan 

Established Contributor

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi


09Lexie wrote:
Again, stranger things have happened with Amex but I would have waited until your new cards reported for 6 mos. Citi, did you apply for the Forward?

Just want to rack up what I can before I stop all app.ing but then again I do have Discover and Chase cashback cards would of been nice to add a travel/entertainment/Thank You or Preffered card in the mix before my score takes a plunge for the Gold next month... :-\

Moderator Emerita

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

Citi Forward is a good student card. Recons are not easy with them though.
Established Contributor

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi


09Lexie wrote:
Citi Forward is a good student card. Recons are not easy with them though.

Lol don't know if I should risk the HP what would CL from them look like 

Moderator Emerita

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi

Hard to say but IMO, I would stop while you are ahead. 😉
Established Contributor

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi


09Lexie wrote:
Hard to say but IMO, I would stop while you are ahead. 😉

Just sucks my Discover is @ 500... Chase will be used so much it is not even funny lol. 

Moderator Emerita

Re: Approval Odds AMEX and Citi