Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval for high CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval for high CL

@Anonymous wrote:
I know 😒 Ahhhh. I also have a paid off student loan from a few years ago, a personal loan ($1k) taken out solely to build credit and my father added me to his cc to piggy back off his credit card and that has also been reporting. Does that stuff help?! 😬

Credit card lenders will generally want to see you having a full year of experience with your own current secured credit card before they will feel comfortable giving you another card. Once you are that that point would be the best time to apply for another card.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That must have changed because I didn't have anywhere near a 5K line when I applied and was approved.

what was your highest limit when you applied. My limits range between 1500-2000 and they gave me a 1000 freedom early this month. I want to get the CSP bad as soon as my last baddie comes off within the month and my scores hit the 700's. I wonder if they would extend the minimum 5000, hummm.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The highest at the time was a 1K limit. The only thing I can't recall is if I was an authorized user on my wife's Discover card at the time which had a $1500 limit.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.