Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval?

tag
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Approval?

I currently have a capital one secured card CL 200.
I got accepted for Discover It CL 500
I got accepted for NFCU CL 1000
My EX score is 661(increased by 33 points from last scores). Some collections were removed
I am waiting for my other scores to show in 5 days.
This is from 11/10/15
Scores:
EX 628
TU 647
EQ 614
Should I risk getting another inquiry?
I currently have 5 on EX and EQ and 7 on TU. most are due to come off in 2017.
Also will be purchasing a house Next year, so that's a factor too. I am trying to increase my scores. And if I do apply for another card I will be gardening and let it grow grow grow!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: Approval?

Congrats on your recent approvals!

With a mortgage looming and your scores above I would wait. It seems like you're making great strides in building a solid profile. Now with the 2 approvals listed above and their SL, it looks like you're barely making it in. I wouldn't open another card figuring it'll be lower limit. Might as well groom what you have and let those scores grow for your upcoming mortgage. Then after you close on your house, go buck wild if you want Smiley Happy Maintain a good history with your current cards, get a couple SP cli and you should be good for some great cards and decent starting limits
Message 2 of 8
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Lol at the buck wild!! I can imaging that my other 2 scores went up also. Maybe I should wait to see them? My main goal is to get to 700 maybe by May. I'm hoping! I would love a lower interest rate for my mortgage!
Thanks!
Message 3 of 8
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

After those update 700 is possible by May, depending on your specific profile. It's not really another inq that's gonna make a big difference in your score, maybe 0-5 points. More so, it's the new account lowering your AAoA. Again, that could be minimal depending on profile. However, If you're trying to get to 700 by May you might need all the points you can get. Honestly we can only speculate as to what scores might rise or fall to.

If you're dead set on apping, wait out those 5 days then come back and post some more stats like updated FICOs, AAoA, recent inqs, and so on.
Message 4 of 8
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Def will wait
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You mentiion 3 cards above which meets the general suggestion for scoring purposes.  With scores (which model[s]?), limits and activity like that I'd suggest holding off.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrialByFire wrote:
Congrats on your recent approvals!

With a mortgage looming and your scores above I would wait. It seems like you're making great strides in building a solid profile. Now with the 2 approvals listed above and their SL, it looks like you're barely making it in. I wouldn't open another card figuring it'll be lower limit. Might as well groom what you have and let those scores grow for your upcoming mortgage. Then after you close on your house, go buck wild if you want Smiley Happy Maintain a good history with your current cards, get a couple SP cli and you should be good for some great cards and decent starting limits

+1

Message 7 of 8
Caitt
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 fico8 through CCT
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.