cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Apple Barclays Card 2500 Credit Line !! ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Apple Barclays Card 2500 Credit Line !! ??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As far as the Barclays CC, any purchase you make from Apple qualify's for 0% interest for 12 months $999 and up. If balances are not paid in full by the end of the applicable period, or if a late payment is made, interest will be charged from the purchase date at a 22.99% variable APR. 

Excellent point, mustang, and one that's easy to overlook.  OP - you may find that your minimum monthly payment with Barclays will not pay off your balance by the time the 0% runs out - and 22.99% retroactive to day one is a killer.  I agree with Mustang - pay this baby off very aggressively so you're not hit with that retroactive high finance charge in 12 months.

Also, there will likely be some FICO score loss for high utilization on the Barclay card until the balance is lower - if my math's right the utilization is now at 60% which is high.  Some folks are willing to forego movies or morning lattes or eating out (or whatever) for a short time in an effort to really pop utilization down.

Congrats on your new cards and your hard work!  Best wishes on your good FICO building plans!

Thanks beamMEup, it's nice to know I've been able to learn a lot in the last few months here, and actually be able to give advice (hopefully good) and it feels good to be able to do so, I still have a TON to learn, but I'm doing my best to absorb everything I can, which leads me to this question......

If he has 3000 total revolving credit and has 1500 bal that would not be 50%? I only ask NOT because I doubt you or your math (God knows you know a LOT more about this than I do) but because I want to know where my calculations are wrong, so I do not make that mistake again.

Thank you again.

Message 11 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks beamMEup, it's nice to know I've been able to learn a lot in the last few months here, and actually be able to give advice (hopefully good) and it feels good to be able to do so, I still have a TON to learn, but I'm doing my best to absorb everything I can, which leads me to this question......

If he has 3000 total revolving credit and has 1500 bal that would not be 50%? I only ask NOT because I doubt you or your math (God knows you know a LOT more about this than I do) but because I want to know where my calculations are wrong, so I do not make that mistake again.

Thank you again.

I believe beamMEup was just talking about the utilization on the Barclay's card (1,500/2,500) which makes the individual utilization 60%.

You are correct that the overall utilization would be 50% (1,500/3,000).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you again.

I believe beamMEup was just talking about the utilization on the Barclay's card (1,500/2,500) which makes the individual utilization 60%.

You are correct that the overall utilization would be 50% (1,500/3,000).

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Oh OK, I just wanted to make sure I was giving the correct information, I greatly appreciate your response.

I had thought that may have been what he was referring to, but I just wanted to make sure.

I do NOT want to be giving incorrect advice or answers.

Thank you again.

Message 13 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh OK, I just wanted to make sure I was giving the correct information, I greatly appreciate your response.

I had thought that may have been what he was referring to, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you again.

Goodness. SHE is not going to like that!!!  LOL

But I do that quite often. Assume I know the gender of someone and then find out ooooopppppssss!!!  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you again.

Goodness. SHE is not going to like that!!!  LOL

But I do that quite often. Assume I know the gender of someone and then find out ooooopppppssss!!!  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Oh crap, I swear I pressed the "S" for she Smiley Surprised I'm very sorry, I guess its just force of habit, beamMEup please forgive me Smiley Sad

***runs and hides in the corner***

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can run and hide, but I hope you can duck!  Smiley Very Happy

I've got a pretty good throwing arm for a gal!  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can run and hide, but I hope you can duck!  Smiley Very Happy

I've got a pretty good throwing arm for a gal!  Smiley Tongue

I have been practicing ducking all day, so I think I'm ready!! LOL

Again I'm sorry about that, it will NOT happen again Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well barclays ended my app spree today. I called the backdoor number. They want to see more credit. So once my cap1 and Firestone report for 3-6 months I should be good. I'm going to try to wait the full 6 months to get the best CL, but it's hard. They also want my BK to age more. It was discharged in August.
Message 18 of 33
shane82388
Established Contributor

which backdoor number did you call for Barclays? I see two numbers on the "Backdoor Numbers" thread for Barclays....

I just got approved last night for $1290 with a 612 TU and some fairly bad damage a little less than 2 years ago and i put my est. income at 27k....Do you think if I call I could get more to cover a Macbook Pro at around $2200?

Message 19 of 33
shane82388
Established Contributor

Well no responses so I just went for it and it worked out. I got my limit raised from $1290 to $2300. The guy was very nice and actually talked like a human being to you rather than a robot reading a script with a funny accent haha.

Basically what happened was I asked for the increase and said i needed it because the macbook pro i wanted was about $2112 out the door and it kind of defeats the purpose of getting this card if i cant buy the computer i need with it.He suggested $2300 actually and i said thats great.

He put me on hold and came back and asked me where i worked and how long ive been there. Then how much i estimate i make (27k). He asked if i had any other income. I said i do freelance video editing but its not like i have paystubs and stuff for that at the moment really and he just said "well how much do you think you make a month from it?" and I said "probably between $500 and $1000" but it varies...

Back on hold...

Comes back a while later and asks me about my credit report. I had a period where i had baddies, lates, overlimits, etc all, close to 2 years ago. He just asked about the card I had closed (which had the most recent and worst lates). Then asked me how I used my Capital One card and I said i honestly dont really use it that much because I just use cash/debit and the limit is too low so im scared of it reporting nearly maxed out after only a few purchases.

He said ok and went back on hold...

Comes back and said I dont see why I cant give you the limit so ill up it to $2300 to cover your new computer. VICTORY!

So basically there was no REAL grilling for information, background check, lie detector test, or faxing paystubs, old bills, etc. They just take your word for it, (Up to a certain point im assuming...) which is really nice. 

Hope this info helps someone else who didnt get a high enough limit or thinks their score is a little iffy to apply.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.