Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved B of A Visa Signature

tag
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Approved B of A Visa Signature

I couldn't stand it anymore so I decided to pull the trigger, got approved for $10,000. I got the 123 Rewards Visa Sig with a $150 sign-on bonus from this link:

https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VAA5A4

Hopefully it will report the limit instead of just the high balance, it seems people are getting mixed results on that lately.

FWIW I have AmEx BCP $19.3K, USAA World MC 14K, Discover More $4K, Target $2.5K, $55K income, 780ish EX, 6.5yrs AAoA, 3 inquiries (1 in last yr), no baddies.

This completes my collection, I now have one card from each network. Time to garden.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Approved B of A Visa Signature

Grats!! My last applicaton this year was for a B of A 123 Rewards and I got a "don't call us, we'll call you" screen.  Figuring that was the end of it, I promptly forgot about it for the rest of the weekend.  My surprise then, when FIA card services called monday morning for some additional information and approved me for a 5k B of A visa.  They added it to my online account today and its listed as Signature Visa as well. 

*high five*

Message 2 of 9
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I have to same card. Love it. Only think I hate is it does NOT report the limit only the high balance! Other than that it is my primary card and I use it for everything!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 9
jefftca925
Established Contributor

This is a pretty good offer.  The other two I've seen for this card were for $50 and $100 cash back with 0% financing.  This is very tempting...hmmm.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 4 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

I have this card, downgraded to Platinum Plus for exactly that reason, to have it report the credit line.  I will go back to a Signature if they start reporting limits.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 9
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I just got a call from an analyst today. She said even though my CR was spotless, she discovered a CO in my past, around 04-05 that has fallen off my CR but was still in their internal database.

I had a BofA student Visa in 01, and wound up losing my job and living off CCs for a while until I joined the Air Force. I had done a debt consolidation through Money Management International and they had made a payment plan with BofA but somehow it was like 97 cents a month less that BofA wanted so there was a string of defaults for a few months until someone caught it and fixed it. Everything was going well for a while until BofA decided to CO and sell it to Arrow Financial, to whom I paid back every penny. Of course if I was as financially savvy then as I am now I never would have let things get that far.

At any rate she said I was still approved for a Visa Signature with $5K CL, and I can try CLI later. Apparently the big thing that saved me was a EX FICO in the 780s and my $19.3K AmEx that's backdated to 2002. (the score in my sig is from my AmEx approval in August, I'll post the new one when BofA sends me it.)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the 5k visa recently as well. The way I look at it I don't really care, its my main card so most of my purchases are not calculated in my utilization. Works out as a benefit since its the only card I have that does that.

i have credit lines of 2800, 2500, 15000, 20000, 4000 so the fact that the 5000 doesnt show does not bother me. I have plenty of high credit lines showing.

Message 7 of 9
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

So I got the letter today that says:

Although the credit line(s) is lower than the amount you requested, it is the maximum amount we can offer you at this time because you have sufficient credit available considering your income. Our review included an assessment of your application information, current economic trends, and a copy of your credit report(s).

Here's the second page:
Posted Image

I thought my EX was somewhere in the 780s like my EQ and TU but it was 814. Holy cow!!! Hooray for being in the 800 club!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LTomBerry wrote:

This completes my collection, I now have one card from each network. Time to garden.

That's exactly our same goal. Even with our starter cards, we have a secured Cap 1 Mastercard, a secured USAA AMEX, and a secured U.S. Bank Visa -- if Discover had a secured starter card, we'd get that too, but in the meantime.....

Congratulations to you for achieving your goal!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.