Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Citi PremierPass

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved! Citi PremierPass

CCC's see inquiries in real time. You cannot beat them by applying in rapid fire. OP I would go for another Citi card. Try the Professional. You might get the 7-10 day message on the second app though. Good luck Citi is top drawer.
Message 11 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Oh BTW the Premier Pass does not report credit limits.
Message 12 of 28
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

wow---for real

How in the world did I get all those cards???

smallfry wrote:
CCC's see inquiries in real time. You cannot beat them by applying in rapid fire. OP I would go for another Citi card. Try the Professional. You might get the 7-10 day message on the second app though. Good luck Citi is top drawer.

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 13 of 28
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Ouch, no instant approval this time.

Confirmation

Thank you! Your application for the Citi
® Driver's Edge® Options Platinum Select® MasterCard® has been received. When our review is complete, we will contact you via U.S.mail regarding our decision

After this message, it did take me to a confirmation screen to select options and I created an online user name/password.

We'll see...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 14 of 28
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Smallfry,

Are you sure that PremierPass doesn't report credit limits? For me, that's terrible--my primary objective was to help my overall utilization. Do they report highest available balance? If so, should I charge it up quickly one month and pay in full?

Thanks..
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 15 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Cooneyca wrote:
wow---for real
How in the world did I get all those cards???

@smallfry wrote:

Cause you passed the test. Computers are really quick these days. They know instantly where you have applied as soon as the report is pulled.
Message 16 of 28
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

sounds good though.  For my first Citi approval, I was given an instant and balance detail. For the second, I got the message you did.  A week later both cards arrived and, as I said before, the second card had a better CL - which is what you could use at this time.

Are you going to transfer your balances to the 0% card?

ficonovice wrote:
Smallfry,

Are you sure that PremierPass doesn't report credit limits? For me, that's terrible--my primary objective was to help my overall utilization. Do they report highest available balance? If so, should I charge it up quickly one month and pay in full?

Thanks..

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 10-29-2007 03:14 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 17 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@ficonovice wrote:
Ouch, no instant approval this time.
Confirmation

Thank you! Your application for the Citi
® Driver's Edge® Options Platinum Select® MasterCard® has been received. When our review is complete, we will contact you via U.S.mail regarding our decision
After this message, it did take me to a confirmation screen to select options and I created an online user name/password.
We'll see...

I bet you got approved. Here's a number you can call to check your application status. 1-888-201-4523. Good luck. Most who see that screen get an approval. I think you can combine your Premier Pass into another card which reports or you might even be able to convert the card into something else when you receive it in the mail. No sweat. Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 28
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Hi Novice,

I would say to DV the CA -ASAP - you dont want a stain on your reports over $94..

With that said, they can still report it past due and its a long process if not tedious to get it removed from all 3 or just 1 CRA..

My advice is since you already have 1 approved card in the bag, go grab another one, preferably one with 0% intro apr that is easy to get. Hooters, comes to mind.

Citi Premier does NOT report limits so it will not help your utl.

I would recommend you apply for 2 more easy  to get good APR intro cards since you already took a hit on ur report and might as well get all inqs bumped off altogether @ same time in 2yrs if you get what I mean.

Good luck, let us know how you did!
Message 19 of 28
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the Premier Pass card won't improve your utilization.  They do NOT report Credit Lines on this card.  I had my CL added to my Citi Dividends Plat Select card.  You may want to do that if you have another Citi card that reports or call them up and ask to convert.  They are very willing to help in this regard.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.