Contributor
mahendra82

Approved Discovercard with low FICO

[ Edited ]

I have a pretty thin file with one minor baddie (30 days from a utility company), but I was approved with Discover more. I didn't think I was going to get approved, but I felt lucky so applied anyway. The CL is pretty low (2k), but I'm hoping it'll grow over time. How is discover with CLI? 

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Approved Discovercard with low FICO

mahendra82 wrote:

I have a pretty thin file with one minor baddie (30 days from a utility company), but I was approved with Discover more. I didn't think I was going to get approved, but I felt lucky so applied anyway. The CL is pretty low (2k), but I'm hoping it'll grow over time. How is discover with CLI? 

Congrats!  Discover give auto  CLIs every 3 months for the first year.  After the first year,  you won't be guaranteed any increases without a hard pull of credit. 

Valued Contributor
vish1

DI wrote:

mahendra82 wrote:

Congrats!  Discover give auto  CLIs every 3 months for the first year.  After the first year,  you won't be guaranteed any increases without a hard pull of credit. 

+1

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Contributor
mahendra82

Thanks for the info!

Contributor
x9j4j

DI wrote:

mahendra82 wrote:

I am still new to Discover (opened in Jan 2011) they told me I have to call after 6 months to request a cli.

Super Contributor
DI

x9j4j wrote:

DI wrote:

mahendra82 wrote:

I am still new to Discover (opened in Jan 2011) they told me I have to call after 6 months to request a cli.

You must have a different tier card. 

Contributor
x9j4j

DI wrote:

x9j4j wrote:

DI wrote:

mahendra82 wrote:

You must have a different tier card. 

I have a Discover Open Road.

Contributor
mahendra82

[ Edited ]

What's the different between discover open road and the more? I got the more card.

Contributor
x9j4j

mahendra82 wrote:

What's the different between discover open road and the more? I got the more card.

The Open Road doesn't have the 5% cashback, it only has the 1% and 2% on some categories.

Valued Contributor
scottwagnon

i have had my discover more since sept 24 2010, and have yet to see them give me an auto cli... started out with 2500, still at 2500

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}