Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For Amex BCP

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Approved For Amex BCP

It was two years ago I reached out in these forums to help pull my credit out of total disarray, asking about where to get a secured card and basically anything to start.  Well, it has all paid off.  I got an Amex Gold in April, and a few minutes ago I was approved for one of THE hardest cards to get, and one of the most rewarding.  It's music to your ears when an Amex rep says, "I am excited to tell you that you have been approved for the Blue Cash Preferred card."   My next move is a Chase Freedom.  Cash back is my best reward so those two cards should mesh well.  I'll keep my cap1 secured and axe my Orchard very soon.  Thanks everyone!

Date ReceivedCardStatus of ApplicationNext Step
08/08/12
BLUE CASH PREFERRED(SM)
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card,click here to view the status of that transfer

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Approved For Amex BCP

Super Congrats!!!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Thanks, I'm really excited. By the way, if anyone knows, since i didn't get the very best rate overall, does that mean amex will send me my credit score?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 3 of 38
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

Thanks, I'm really excited. By the way, if anyone knows, since i didn't get the very best rate overall, does that mean amex will send me my credit score?

Yes, that's correct. Congrats!

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 4 of 38
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

You should get a separate mailer from AMEX with your credit score in it. It usually comes in a plain white envelope (looks like a denial letter), and will come within a few days of you receiving your card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Nice, this is turning into a win/win/win situation for me. Approved, got the $150 bonus offer, and get my score? Perfect! I PIF so the rate doesn't matter.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 6 of 38
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I love reading 'success stories in progress'!  I didn't app for the BCP, but  the BCE... after a year or so I will see if it is advantageous to see if I can switch to the other.  I just didn't want to app for something with an AF.   At the same time, I app'd with Alliant Credit union for their Platinum Rewards card, thinking I would be counter offered the platinum instead. Nope, they approved me for the rewards card, with a very low APR (not that I carry a balance but still) and the 18 months of 0% or the no fee BT doesn't suck either.

Life is good, and with some patience and good gardening, its gonna get even better.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 7 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 38
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Congrats, also along with your letter and credit score, you can use that to get your Experian report (since you didn't get the best terms) for 90 days which I love.  Go to experience and under "were you denied credit or best terms"  (something like that) and from who (American Express)  and your in. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 9 of 38
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Congratulations - that is a great card!  Your hard work and patience has truly paid off.  Well done!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.