Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For Amex BCP

tag
antae
New Contributor

Re: Approved For Amex BCP

Congrats. Amex BCP is a wonderful card.

Amex BCP 25k '11 - Amex PRG '11 - Chase Sapphire 17.5k '95 - Citi Platinum Select 11.5k '93
Message 11 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Yeah, I'm excited. It's also great that I can get a 3x cli after 61 days, then another 6 months from then.  I can potentially have an 18k credit line in 8 months...awesome.  I start at 2k.  I wanted to get this first before the Freedom to show a high limit card so that I don't get that $500 opening limit from Chase, I have seen a lot of that on these boards.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 12 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Just got the letter from Amex with my EX Fico since I didn't get the best rate.  I thought it would be a little lower than I expected, but it is a whopping 774! So nice.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 13 of 38
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

Just got the letter from Amex with my EX Fico since I didn't get the best rate.  I thought it would be a little lower than I expected, but it is a whopping 774! So nice.

Your low CL doesn't correspond with the score at all! BCP has been a complete mystery when it comes to initial CLs/APRs. Would you mind sharing the following, although it will continue to remain a bit confusing I'm sure as we get more data points down the road.

1) #INQs prior to BCP showing up in the report. Any within the last 6 months/ 1 year.

2) Overal Utilization% on all cards (approx) and highest individual utilization of any one card.

I have never seen anyone get the best APR on BCP. Highest CL of $9500 I think. (and their scores were less than yours).

Message 14 of 38
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Yes that's a great score. I got the BCE last month with a 710 and $8000 starting limit, but I had a charge card for about a year first. Made all the difference. IMO

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 15 of 38
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

BCE is also a very hard card to get, but BCP has been typically up one notch or two in terms of difficulty to qualify I think. BCE limits of $8k and slightly more have been reported a few times I think, but not necessarily with BCP.

But you might have a great point there about establishing prior good history with Amex via a charge card (or otherwise) to get approved for a higher CL wrt to FICO Score.

So maybe an additional question to collect datapoints

3) Active Amex cardholder at the time of application?

Message 16 of 38
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!

I followed and enjoyed  your previous post about wanting to apply for an Amex.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

Your low CL doesn't correspond with the score at all! BCP has been a complete mystery when it comes to initial CLs/APRs. Would you mind sharing the following, although it will continue to remain a bit confusing I'm sure as we get more data points down the road.

1) #INQs prior to BCP showing up in the report. Any within the last 6 months/ 1 year.

2) Overal Utilization% on all cards (approx) and highest individual utilization of any one card.

I have never seen anyone get the best APR on BCP. Highest CL of $9500 I think. (and their scores were less than yours).

Yes I am a previous cardholder, but only for 4 months, I only had one inquiry in the past two years on EX before applying and it was from Amex for the gold card I got 4 months ago, overall utilization 0%. I assume the low CL is because I have had two rebuilder cards for 2 years with CLs of $500 and $320 respectively.  I apped for Amex because even with the good chance of getting a low CL of $2000, I can have it as high as $18000 within 8 months.  You can't beat that, so I'm fine with it.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 18 of 38
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Today is seven days, hopefully my sick new BCP comes in the mail today.  I need to fill my gas tank up and I want to save 11 cents every gallon forever starting today.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 19 of 38
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Congrats and awesome score.  The rates on these cards and other cards like it are going to be high no matter the score from what I've heard. 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.