cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For Capital One Platinum but there's more...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved For Capital One Platinum but there's more...

I was approved for a Capital One Platinum card just a little over a month ago with a $300 limit. This is my second card my first being from my local credit union with a $500 limit. The thing is I had been lurking forums like this and seeing people doing PC up to rewards cards from basic cards like the Platinum. I just recently started building my credit and from what my credit union told me after recently applying for a personal loan (approved) I still really don't have a FICO score yet. My two FAKO scores at the time were in the 630's.

With this knowledge the other night I was bored and nothing to do so I started a online support chat session on Capital One's site. I asked how I'd go about in the future asking to upgrade to the QuickSilver card just to know before hand. Chat support says they see I am approved right now for the QuickSilver upgrade. I was sceptical at first and made sure they weren't talking about the Q1 card with an annual fee. Chat person said nope no annual fee just the regular QuickSilver card and no hard pull required. I accepted and just today saw online that I am now getting 1.5% back already! I didn't think they'd upgrade me after only having the Platinum card for one month. I didn't feel like pushing my luck with a CLI ask so I left it at that now just waiting on my new card. 

TLDR: Approved for Cap One Platinum $300 limit then a month later PC to Quicksilver with a really no to super thin file ATM.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved For Capital One Platinum but there's more...

Welcome to the forums!!

Congratulations on the approval, and the upgrade! The QS is a great card. Enjoy, and give it another 6 months of history with your new cards and new personal loan, and you'll start generating a decent fico scoreSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I was just upgrade this morning as well! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Work!

Getting that CLI on the Cap One card should only take you another month or 2 of work.  Check out the thread in my siggy and you'll see how I did mine.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I recently PC to QS (no annual fee) via online chat thanks to the advice on this forum, they seem to be PCing like crazy currently Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the congratulations. I didn't expect to have a rewards card so quickly heh. 

Your thread TygerHawke is awesome just goes to show with some hard work and duediligence you can make great strides. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I did the same thing from my Journey card to the QS after six months. Enjoy!!

Message 7 of 8
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Cap One Family!

CSP- $8,000***Barclay MC- $5,000***CO Quicksilver- $3,550***Synchrony Walmart MC- $2,400***BOA Travel Rewards- $2,000***BP- $600***CF- $500***Credit One- $450***Milestone- $300
PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.