Did you mean: 

Approved For Chase Freedom

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Approved For Chase Freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!! I'll take a beer too?? Smiley Wink

Ok. But I have save some of the money for a new bike and  lock so this one won't get stolen too. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll tell you what, I'll buy you the beer to celebrate your new CC Smiley Happy

But no drinking and riding your new bike LOL!!!

Message 12 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  No drinking and riding on bike.  I'm bound to get hit by a car on the mean Miami roads if  I do.  I'll only be riding the bike on Miami Beach. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  No drinking and riding on bike.  I'm bound to get hit by a car on the mean Miami roads if  I do.  I'll only be riding the bike on Miami Beach. 

I'm very familliar with Miami, I lived in Pembroke Pines for 37 years, TONS of traffic in Miami and Pembroke Pines as well, just one of the reasons I moved up north.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Chase Freedom card for a few years now and have been having problems getting the full 5% cash back from rotating categories the last couple quarters (3Q & 4Q 2010) whereas this had never been a problem previously. I maxed out the $1500 limit in rewards categories during both July-Sept 2010 and Oct-Dec 2010 and so should have gotten the max 6000 points, but only got 908 and 3950 points, respectively. (Let me just add that most of this spending was work-related & reimbursed, I'm not a huge spendthrift!!!) I've spoken with a CS rep who tells me she can't do anything about it and has to forward my request to "Marketing" and that I'll get a letter from them in 10-14 days. I'm not very optimistic. If I have to go through this every quarter because Chase doesn't give me my full rewards, I'm going to cancel my card. It's just not worth my time (and cellphone minutes) to try to collect $20-40 every 3 months from them, especially if they manage to weasel out of paying the full amount because I'm not on top of things. Anyway, something for people interested in getting a Chase reward card to think about.

Message 15 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the Chase Freedom card for a few years now and have been having problems getting the full 5% cash back from rotating categories the last couple quarters (3Q & 4Q 2010) whereas this had never been a problem previously. I maxed out the $1500 limit in rewards categories during both July-Sept 2010 and Oct-Dec 2010 and so should have gotten the max 6000 points, but only got 908 and 3950 points, respectively. (Let me just add that most of this spending was work-related & reimbursed, I'm not a huge spendthrift!!!) I've spoken with a CS rep who tells me she can't do anything about it and has to forward my request to "Marketing" and that I'll get a letter from them in 10-14 days. I'm not very optimistic. If I have to go through this every quarter because Chase doesn't give me my full rewards, I'm going to cancel my card. It's just not worth my time (and cellphone minutes) to try to collect $20-40 every 3 months from them, especially if they manage to weasel out of paying the full amount because I'm not on top of things. Anyway, something for people interested in getting a Chase reward card to think about.

I only plan to use this card for 3 months or until I've reached $500 in purchases to get the $100 bonus.   

Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, I hope you're ready for literal gardening, because that's pretty much the category for this quarter's rewards!

5% cash back on up to $1500 spent on:

• home improvement
  • lawn and garden
  • home furnishings

Wow, I already miss the two quarters in a row of 5% back on groceries.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations,  with a Chase Freedom Card the points $$$ really add up much more quickly than the Discover Card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 19
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Nice !

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.