Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Mobile gas card from Citi!

tag
Moes
Valued Member

Approved Mobile gas card from Citi!

Only got a $200 cl but I wanted a way to build history with citi bank. Anyone have experience with asking for credit limit increases on this card. I'm thinking after 6 months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved Mobile gas card from Citi!

Hi, i got this card a little over a year ago with a 500 cl,  I never asked for a cli because i really dont need a higher line for a gas card.  But about a year after i got this I apped for a citi dividend and was approved, i think my positive history with the mobile card helped.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Message 2 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Moes wrote:

Only got a $200 cl but I wanted a way to build history with citi bank. Anyone have experience with asking for credit limit increases on this card. I'm thinking after 6 months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

If you don't mind, can you tell us a bit about your situation ie. FICO, who they pulled, baddies, etc.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have another gas card that is underwritten by Citi, a Phillips 66 card.  I started out at $600 and one year later I asked for another $600 and was approved on a soft pull.  A few days prior I was approved for a Citi underwriiten Shell gas card and a Citi Thank You Visa.  I would like to think that my year paying on the 66 card helped me get the Citi Thank You, but there is no guarantee that logic holds any water.

Message 4 of 5
Moes
Valued Member

They pulled equifax which is sitting at 635. I have a cap 1 chargeoff from 2008, hopefully my gw letter I sent works. I couldn't believe Citi let me in, time to garden and maybe this card will help me get a regular Citi card in the future!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.