Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved - U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa Card

My wife got a pre-approval offer of a U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa card. I immediately applied for her. Her last 12 months activity was very few, so I thought she'll be instantly approved.

Unfortunately she didn't get an instant approval. But no worry, I was very confident of getting this card.

About 1 week later, today I received approval email! I hope this card will come with $5,000+ credit limit.

She currently owns WF card with $1,000 and AMEX green with no-preset limit, although for AMEX card, we tried to charge $4000 at dentist but it was declined.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved - U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa Card

What was your and her credit score and utilization?

Message 2 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

How dead is this thread?! I'd like to know the outcome. If approved, what was the limit, scores, etc. I just got a pre-approval letter yesterday in the mail and I don't live in their footprint. Don't want to start another thread either.

Message 3 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The OP hasn't logged back on since this post.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a pre-approval email from them last week for the platinum visa, apped the same day and was approved with a 7K CL. Although I am outside of their footprint I have an established history with them because of my car loan. They pulled experian where my last score from lender was at 729. Even though you are out of the footprint it is important that you apply using the code that they gave you. I apped with them last year without using the code in the letter and was denied. The recon dept was kind enough to ask for the code but I had misplaced and had to wait until they sent me another invitation. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

AD

Message 5 of 8
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a pre-approval email from them last week for the platinum visa, apped the same day and was approved with a 7K CL. Although I am outside of their footprint I have an established history with them because of my car loan. They pulled experian where my last score from lender was at 729. Even though you are out of the footprint it is important that you apply using the code that they gave you. I apped with them last year without using the code in the letter and was denied. The recon dept was kind enough to ask for the code but I had misplaced and had to wait until they sent me another invitation. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

AD

Wait for 6 months then you can ask for CLI with no hard pull.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 6 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I don't have any relationship with them which is why it makes no sense. I live in suburban Philadelphia and there is no presence in my area. I can't help but raise and eyebrow.

Message 7 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I forgot to mention...no fees on balance transfers during the first 30 days!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.