cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved: United Mileage Plus Club Card - How long to get the card?

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

Approved: United Mileage Plus Club Card - How long to get the card?

Hi guys,

I went into a Chase branch and applied to the United Club card, with the bank employee had to call the credit dept (recon?)-- he applied on their intranet and the decision wasn't instant but was told to call it in.   After being on hold the credit rep told him i was approved for $8k

How long should i expect the card to arrive?  I am going on a trip in two weeks and would love to use the lounges. Hoping to get this in time.  i called chase afterwards and they said that United has to create a club ID number, tie to my frequent flier number and then tell that number to Chase before chase creates the credit card account.  

CSP was couriered to me the very next day once approved.   BA card was going to take 10d but i called CSP customer reps and they reissued a BA card and couriered it to me overnight (I wanted the BA card sooner as i had larger expenses that i wanted to put through the new card and meet the $2k spend).

Wondering what people's experiences were in how long it takes for the club card?

thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved: United Mileage Plus Club Card - How long to get the card?

call and ask to expedite. they will

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 13
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

The Club card usually is ship by UPS Next Day Air. Call to confirm... but I probably sure you would get it very soon. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 3 of 13
PointLager
Established Contributor

Thanks guys.

I imagine that United ships the lounge access card and Chase ships the credit card. I'm less concerned about the credit card as I use Amex plat / CSP / Barclays Arrival+ abroad.

Message 4 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

You can get lounge access by providing your Mileage Plus number at the lounge two weeks after approval.
Message 5 of 13
PointLager
Established Contributor

thanks newguy.

i was approved two days ago but only credit dept sees the approval.  standard credit card customer reps see it as "pending" still.  Hopefully it backdates to date of the approval/ HP on my EX file

Message 6 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

One easy way to check is to log in to your MP account. You should see a section called my memberships or subscriptions or something like that. One the process is complete you will see a United Club membership in that section.
Message 7 of 13
PointLager
Established Contributor

thanks for the tip @newguy

i've been checking there ever since, OCD style LOL

i've never been in united lounges. i wonder how they compare to delta's 

Message 8 of 13
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

I forgot but it takes couple of days for the card to link with your mileageplus account. So you may have to wait around one week before your card would arrived. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 9 of 13
PointLager
Established Contributor

i figured it was something like that.    british airways visa was pretty quick because i didn't have a frequent flyer account with BA when i applied for the card.   

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.