cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved & Denied for Cards. I'm happy regardless!

tag
Irene_in_So_Cal
Established Member

Approved & Denied for Cards. I'm happy regardless!

So, I don't know how true it is, but I seen on the web that by having paid off my charge off, it would actually hurt my score.  Oh well, it's paid off now, and with this in mind, we decided to hold off on shopping for a mortgage until next year.  So before my score plummets the little that went up in a month, I decided to give it a shot and see if I woud be approved for anything.  It's been years since I've been approved this easily (at least for me) with the exception of Fingerhut (started off with a $230 credit installment, and is now $250 credit card) and Capital One Secured Card (I had to pay the full $200; and then added $100 for an increase).  I was denied today the Chevron and Valero gas card.  I thought they would have been easy, times changed I guess.  But I did get approved for Target and Walmart today.  For $200 and for $300.  Small amounts, but better than zero.  I'm so happy!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved & Denied for Cards. I'm happy regardless!

Congrat on your approvals, the Wal Mart card will go CL wise in no time!!Smiley Happy

I forgot to mention that you can get your TU credit score for free if you sign up for paperless billing

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 2 of 4
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards.

I went on an application spree with ge a couple weeks ago and got the following cards
Chevron
jcpenny
old navy
walmart
banana rep
amazon

Also, applied for the kohls, Macys, bloomindales, and Victoria secret credit card And got approved for those as well. (not ge products)

I did get denied for tjmax card. my fico score at the time was 613 with a BK in 2005, 7 dereg items and 23 (currently 28) credit inquries So I hope that helps you.
Message 3 of 4
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Irene Welcome to the forums!!

Patience will be your best friend in this process, and time your best friend

GE credit cards, like Wallmart will grow with you every 4th statements. the more usage and payments you do will help you. then pay it in full before the 4th satement and ask for a credit limit increase.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.