Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved and Applied - Again!

tag
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Approved and Applied - Again!

I was approved for a AMEX Delta Skymiles card yesterday.  Not too happy with the CL, $1100, but will use as a springboard to build.  My curiosity got the best of me and I applied again today for a Chase Platinum card and got the dreaded 30 day notice (should have applied for the Freedom)

I don't plan on applying for at least 6 months, but can anyone tell me if back to back apps is a ok or not good?

By the way --- hadn't applied for anything in (1) year

Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved and Applied - Again!

congrats on the amex. if you do get a denial don't throw in the towel, try a recon (they do work, sometimes).

as for apps. some say it's better to take the hit and let the accounts age and inq fall of so you can build scores back up at the same time. others say the fewer hits the better.

since i'm very heavy on inq's i'm kinda biased, or just don't know any better.

with just two in a year though, i'd say you won't (shouldn't anyway) see a significant score hit. however if you keep apping be sure to spread the hards out. find out who pulls what cra and what scores are needed for the product that you want to app for.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Good job on the AMEX Delta Skymiles. I'm envious. Smiley Happy

I applied for and was approved for 3 cards all app'ed within 5 days of each other in late Sept. early Oct. If that helps. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Thanks dnm45227! but other then "Who Gave Me Credit" can you suggest some sites?
Message 4 of 16
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sylviatob!

What were you scores and who did you apply to?  I am looking for the "mixture"
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquring_minds wrote:
Thanks dnm45227! but other then "Who Gave Me Credit" can you suggest some sites?

i think (and mods don't punish me here) creditboards dot com has a pretty good credit pulls database.
Message 6 of 16
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I will continue to do research.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome inquiring. As far as credit scores go, I didnt pull the days I applied.

But here are my scores over the past 30 days:

9/17/07 TU: 649 EXP: 647 EQ: ?
10/01/0 TU: 676 EXP: 665 EQ: 633
10/03/07 TU: 651 (this came from WaMu account page) No EXP or EQ.

I'm waiting till the end of October to let the dust settle before I pull all 3 again, and survey the damage then. lol

Applied for & received:
WaMu Visa Platinum: $6,500 cl
Juniper Visa Platinum: $400 cl
BoA Platinum Visa Partial Secured(the 99/500 one): %500 cl

Hope that helps
Message 8 of 16
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Thanks SlyviatobSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My understanding is that if you are planning a credit feeding frenzy, as opposed to just suddenly becoming overwhelmed with the urge, do all your app'ing at once. That way the apps won't show up on your reports, lowering your scores, until you've gotten at least some approvals.

However, CCC's are wise to this, and some will soft you right after approval to see if you did this. If they think that you've taken on too much too quickly, they'll unapprove you PDQ.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.