Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved by HSBC!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved by HSBC!!!

So I thought I would try the soft pull pre-selector from HSBC thinking there is no way I get any offers, but to my surprise I got an offer for a Platinum Mastercard with 2% cashback. I applied thinking there was no way I would be approved but I WAS APPROVED for $300 cl!! Smiley Very Happy I was so excited. My first credit card. WOOHOO! But honestly the only reason I got this far is because of everyone in this forum. You guys are awesome and have helped me so much. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Approved by HSBC!!!

You should be able to get something better than that with your scores.  I would try for one more from one of the big boys after a couple of months since it is your first CC.  What are the other terms?  Interest rate, AF?

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a couple of other places like B of A and Hooters but was turned down. I have a judgment and 2 collections all medical. I even called for recon on B of A, I tried to explain that the situation but the denied me anyways. Denied for both for the main reason that I did not already have credit cards. I had even tried HSBC about a year ago and was denied by them but this time I was approved.

It's $59 AF, 14.99% interest but I think it is a good start to maybe get some better cards next year than close this card. I plan on just using it like once a month for $20-30 and then paying it off right away.

Message 3 of 6
heirophant
Established Contributor

Hey, I started the same way in December 06, now have some great cards and great limits (highest is $3000).  I didn't apply again until about 9 months after getting my Orchard (HSBC).  I have a judgement still listed on my TU report from 2006, disputed away on my EX and never appeared on EQ.  Chin up, though, I have gotten approvals with TU pullers with my judgement listed.  It is paid, though.  Just keep your nose clean from now on and good things will come.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My judgment is set to come off my reports in June 2009 and the Collections are set to come off in December 2009. I am definatly heading in the right direction now, I am hoping to be in the 700 club by Mid-2010. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrrr I just went through the pre-approval process for HSBC and was pre-approved for the same card. THEN, just as I submit the real app in a giddy craze, I get the message that I was declined because of my recent card approval (for the horrible Orchard Bank secured card) and can't apply for another card for 18 MONTHS!!!!!

Is there any way around this??? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.