Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

tag
sycotik
Valued Member

Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

I am trying to move away from BoA as my primary bank and go with USAA. Just got approved for 15k on their Mastercard.

Cards I also have now are:

BoA Amex - 5k

AMEX HH Surpass - 7.5k

BBT Visa - 5k

So this is by far the highest limit card I have.  My FICO score from this site pulled a few days ago is 738 for anyone that wants to know.  This was all done over the computer so no call in's or income verification needed.  Whole process took about 2 min.  I just opened a checking and savings with them a few months ago. I am probably going to check out thier insurance products next.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

Congrats. sy, 15k is a nice line. Have heard nothing but good things about USAA.

What state are you in? I assume USAA pulled EQ? Did they do 2 hard inquiries? One to open an account and another for the MC?

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many people who were approved for 1 card with USAA, were also instant approved for the other.  I applied MC and was approved for $20k instantly, so I app'ed their AMEX and got approval as well.

DW did same.  App'ed MC, got $15k, then app'ed AMEX and got $15k.

Just an idea if you are interested in moving away from BoA, you may be able to replace the BoA AMEX with USAA Amex.

Let us know if you do app!

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Definately check into the car ins....I have been with them for 8 years and have never had any problems.

I agree with txjohn, you should try for the AMEX too.  That's what I did and got $20K on both of them.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
sycotik
Valued Member

I live in WV.  Also, they only did an inquiry for the CC not for the savings or checking account.  I did have to send them my DD214 for verification that I was prior military for the accounts. 
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink Job well done.......congrats
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many inquiries had you had in the last 12 months and what was your utilization ratios when you were approved.

Congrats also!!

Message 7 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats!

For anyone else new-ish to USAA, be sure to periodically click the "My offers" button on the smaller, light blue menu bar once you've logged in. All sorts of things quietly rest there without your knowing if you don't take a look.

But they love it when you pick up a new product with them. All that my son had with them until last weekend was his car insurance, until he added an auto loan. When he called yesterday to set up the automatic draft, the CSR mentioned that he was pre-approved for their AmEx. This offer was not there last Saturday, when he first started the auto loan app.

He hasn't bitten yet, although he probably will, but his EQ FICO wasn't so hot --677 or something --and he has a 7-month-old 30-day late from HSBC Best Buy, courtesy of spending too much time on the road and losing track of stuff. He's probably been a member for maybe 5-6 years, but most of that time, it was in name only, until he got his own car insurance with them maybe two years ago. Now he's raving about how much he loves their CS and website and talking about moving his banking there, too. (Whatever you do, don't screw up payments with USAA. Be sure to set up a CC for automatic overdraft on checking, etc.)

So anyway, with USAA, the more you get, the more you get.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 19
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

I started with USAA  with only $500 CL. After 18 months... I never received an CLI and when I requested one... they only gave me another $500 for a total of $1,000 CL.  BTW, they said they used the old inquiry from 18 months prior to make their decision.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Congrats!

For anyone else new-ish to USAA, be sure to periodically click the "My offers" button on the smaller, light blue menu bar once you've logged in. All sorts of things quietly rest there without your knowing if you don't take a look.

So true! 

I am one of those who never checked and as a result found out I had been pre-approved for a USAA AmEx over 1/2 a year before realizing.  Also pre-approved for an auto loan, personal loan and HELOC.  Only thing is when pre-approved for a credit card they do not show you what your possible limit is until after you accept, but on other credit products they show how much you are pre-approved for.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.