Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎12-24-2008
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

cpacfp, I had 4 inquiries and util was at 1% at the time of applying.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎05-12-2007
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

I agree about being able to be approved for both cards. I app'd for the MC card and got the AMEX too. But only $5k limit on each...but I was still happy because before that my highest limit was with Cap One of $4300.

 

I LOVE USAA. I do all of my banking with USAA and have multiple products with them.

 

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 785
Registered: ‎09-13-2009
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard


cass wrote:

I agree about being able to be approved for both cards. I app'd for the MC card and got the AMEX too. But only $5k limit on each...but I was still happy because before that my highest limit was with Cap One of $4300.

 

I LOVE USAA. I do all of my banking with USAA and have multiple products with them.

 

 


If you dont mind, what is your AAoA, oldest account, # of inq etc?  I have similar scores to yours...

Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎10-05-2007
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

Here were my scores when I had 8% util, 6 years AAoA.  EQ- 783, TU- 773, EX- 734 (lender pull).  My available credit was $ 10,700 and my balances were $ 800 on one card, Cap One.

I then put $ 2,700 on my Wells LOC and my utilization went to 34%.  My scores dropped to EQ- 753 ( down 30 points), TU- 733 ( down 40 points), EX-???? probably under 700.

My Cap One has not reported for January yet, but my balance increased to $ 4000, so when it reports my utilization is going to be around 67%.  I'm afraid my scores could drop another 30 or 40 points that could put me under 700 on 2 if not all 3 cards.  Do you think going from 34% to 67% will drop as much as when it went from 8% to 34%?

 

I had been thinking about applying for USAA World Mastercard but I had held off.  When I saw how much my score dropped I decided to apply before the Cap one reported and my score would have dropped again.

Good news, instant approval of $ 15K at 10.9 %.  I'm wondering, how long before the USAA account shows up because that will really help my utilization, it would go down to about 24%.  Do you'll know how long after it is approved that it will show up on the Credit report?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎10-05-2007
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

see my post above. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and try to get another card before the Cap One reports and my scores drop again by maybe 30 to 40 points. 

My total available revolving credit is now $ 25K ( USAA- 15k, Cap One- 5K and Wells Fargo - 5K).  I have 3 inquiries on TU in the last year, and 6 ( one may drop off, I asked Wells if they would remove the one for the checking account I had to open for my LOC with them, and they said they would) on EQ. 

 

We are thinking of buying a new house in a few months, my only fear is too many inquiries in the last 12 mos. TU only is reporting 2, they dont have a few of my inquiries but they do have the accounts that resulted from those inquiries, is that wierd?

My other concern would be AAofA. Right now its at 4 years.

 

I may also need a new car and will have to apply for a loan for that.  What do you guys think?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard


cpacfp wrote:

Here were my scores when I had 8% util, 6 years AAoA.  EQ- 783, TU- 773, EX- 734 (lender pull).  My available credit was $ 10,700 and my balances were $ 800 on one card, Cap One.

I then put $ 2,700 on my Wells LOC and my utilization went to 34%.  My scores dropped to EQ- 753 ( down 30 points), TU- 733 ( down 40 points), EX-???? probably under 700.

My Cap One has not reported for January yet, but my balance increased to $ 4000, so when it reports my utilization is going to be around 67%.  I'm afraid my scores could drop another 30 or 40 points that could put me under 700 on 2 if not all 3 cards.  Do you think going from 34% to 67% will drop as much as when it went from 8% to 34%?

 

I had been thinking about applying for USAA World Mastercard but I had held off.  When I saw how much my score dropped I decided to apply before the Cap one reported and my score would have dropped again.

Good news, instant approval of $ 15K at 10.9 %.  I'm wondering, how long before the USAA account shows up because that will really help my utilization, it would go down to about 24%.  Do you'll know how long after it is approved that it will show up on the Credit report?


 

On each of my accounts it has taken about 2 - 3 weeks for the trade line to appear on my credit reports.  
IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,691
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard


cpacfp wrote:

see my post above. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and try to get another card before the Cap One reports and my scores drop again by maybe 30 to 40 points. 

My total available revolving credit is now $ 25K ( USAA- 15k, Cap One- 5K and Wells Fargo - 5K).  I have 3 inquiries on TU in the last year, and 6 ( one may drop off, I asked Wells if they would remove the one for the checking account I had to open for my LOC with them, and they said they would) on EQ. 

 

We are thinking of buying a new house in a few months, my only fear is too many inquiries in the last 12 mos. TU only is reporting 2, they dont have a few of my inquiries but they do have the accounts that resulted from those inquiries, is that wierd?

My other concern would be AAofA. Right now its at 4 years.

 

I may also need a new car and will have to apply for a loan for that.  What do you guys think?


My advice would be to sit tight on credit right now until you close on a mortgage. You certainly don't want a car payment raising your debt-to-income ratio before you apply for the mortgage.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎10-05-2007
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard

Thanks 06 and Lynette.  I think that is probably good advice, I'm just tempted to try and get another high limit cc while my scores are at least over 720

 

Highlighted
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Approved for 15K USAA Mastercard


cpacfp wrote:

Thanks 06 and Lynette.  I think that is probably good advice, I'm just tempted to try and get another high limit cc while my scores are at least over 720

 



Wow, why would your scores drop 30 or 40 points from the Cap One? Or are you talking about the accumulated effect of lots of new accounts reporting?

Anyway, app for the other card on your way home from the closing, if you really want it. Then, as you stand in the wreckage of your new low AAoA, you'll have some nice cards to use while moving into the gardening phase. Smiley Wink (Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.