Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I have 7 but only 2 have been in the last 6 months, I will have to give it some thought I dont want to waste an inqSmiley HappyOut of the 2 only 1 was approved. I have been with Nationwide auto insurance for over 14 years but I dought that will really matter. Im thinking the only thing that might hurt me is my other cards and the utilization on themSmiley Sad i would like one more and this card sounds great.

I haven't used it except for a BT, but really, after Discover, it may end up as my go-to card. Low rate and high limit is really a plus for short term financing options. Other than that, the card and the website are pretty low frills--nothing uber high tech, no crazy rewards programs or agressive cross selling, just a solid card. On a side note, I called customer service a few times and got the same CSR 2 of 3 times Smiley Very Happy

As for you getting denied, you never know until you try Smiley Wink

I agree, Thats just what I would use it for,  to BT some of my others and get them down, and it is pretty hard finding a card that gives high limits right from the start. Hopefully I will get lucky.  was the customer service nice?

Yeah, the  CSR was great; she actually reminded me that we previously spoke! Only thing I wasn't terribly pleased with was I had to call them to set up online banking. Other than that, no worries.
Message 131 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again Thanks Smiley Happy 
Message 132 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied Oct  2 for this card after reading the posts.    I was sent letters about confirming my correct address 2 times wantikng utility bills, bank statements and spend lots of time on the phone with reps and credit analyst. I even submitted a recent school tax bill to them.   My application was always pending, Finally after nearly 2 month i called tuesday to chack the status and was informed i was approved for A  $15,000 card with an interest rate of 11.24 %  Happy for the CL but not so happy for the rate as I usually always get approved for the lowest rate listed....they advertise 7.24 %.

I did get the 0% rate for 6months...........I have never worked so hard for a credit card and all I can say to others you have to keep calling and never let up,  You can prevail.......

Message 133 of 603
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Wow i hope i dont have to jump through that many hoops . I did apply on the 17th of this month and i have yet to hear anything from them at all .
Message 134 of 603
Woolfman
Established Contributor

So I applied on the 17th and have not heard anything from them . Should i call bother to call ? or just still be patient as i understand from others posts they are not the quickest.
Message 135 of 603
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:
So I applied on the 17th and have not heard anything from them . Should i call bother to call ? or just still be patient as i understand from others posts they are not the quickest.

I'd recommend just being patient. You never want to look too eager for credit. You don't want to raise any red flags. Also, it's a long holiday weekend...so these days don't really count.

And...believe me...I know that sometimes patience is the hardest part.

Message 136 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, applied on 11/9/09 and received address verification letter on 9/13/09 & provided the info.  Well, I became ancy and called and was informed that my application was Denied........I'm soo bummed out!  Spoke with a CSR and was told denial due to an old - paid judgment from Capital One (3 yrs).  FICO TU 720, total utilization is 18%.  CSR further stated if I could get this removed I would be in the clear!  I have 2 cc from NFCU, 10000 & 2500 limits.  Wanted the Nationwide Bank Visa badly............Help! Any suggestions?

Message 137 of 603
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Give Cap1 a call and ask for mercy Smiley Wink
Message 138 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrShush, thanks for the info., I've been researching how to remove a paid judgment and from what I've read it's looking pretty bleak @ this point.  Once I get up the nerve I will make contact with Capt. One and go through the various departments to try to see if there's anything that can be done.  Not giving up just yet.....
Message 139 of 603
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@MrShush, thanks for the info., I've been researching how to remove a paid judgment and from what I've read it's looking pretty bleak @ this point.  Once I get up the nerve I will make contact with Capt. One and go through the various departments to try to see if there's anything that can be done.  Not giving up just yet.....

I wish you luck with Cap 1...I have tried several times, unsuccessfully, to get them to remove a paid CO early.  This will be "outta here" by July 2010.  Already fell off TU & EQ 1 year early!

Knowing Nationwide pulls TU, I apped as well.  Nov 18 & no word yet.  Only baddie there is a 90 day late on Sallie Mae from Sep. 04.  748 FICO.

Good Luck!!!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 140 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.