Did you mean: 

Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
NinComPoop
Contributor

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:

Just found out I was approved with NFCU for $5K!!! This month has been great! Now I have NFCU, Nationwide, local CU, and Household as my remaining open accounts. I also plan on applying for an auto loan within the next few months. I don't need any additional credit cards, so that's the end of my app spree. When do you suggest I close HHB? I don't want to pay the $59 annual fee, but if it'll lower my score I'll keep it open for now...

Looks like you have three open revolving accounts plus the HSBC. Since you don't want to pay the fee, I'd plan on closing it the month before the fee is due again.

Stop using the card 2-3 weeks before this point. Pay off your balance online about 5 days before you plan to close it. If it's like my Best Buy store card, it won't credit you for three days after you pay, so keep that in mind. Do a screenshot of the $0 balance, and when you call them up to close, be sure to request that they send a letter confirming that there is a $0 balance on the account. Save that letter and the screenshot in your files, just in case they try to pop up some extra charge after you've technically closed. If you can still access your account after closing, check it twice a month for the next several months, just to be sure. Nothing like getting lates reported on a fee that you didn't know was there. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the new approvals! Things are definitely looking up.
After reading some other posts, I have noticed that there are suggestions that having CU only cards will not give you the best fico possible. Reading some posts about Nationwide, i'm under the impression that it reports as Nationwide CU on your CR. Can anyone verify this? Also, if that is the case that will leave me with my local CU, NFCU, and Nationwide if I cancel HHB. So at the risk of having only accounts with what fico scoring would consider on CU accounts, should I just hang on to HHB for now? I just paid the annual fee on 12/27.

Message 361 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NinComPoop wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:

Just found out I was approved with NFCU for $5K!!! This month has been great! Now I have NFCU, Nationwide, local CU, and Household as my remaining open accounts. I also plan on applying for an auto loan within the next few months. I don't need any additional credit cards, so that's the end of my app spree. When do you suggest I close HHB? I don't want to pay the $59 annual fee, but if it'll lower my score I'll keep it open for now...

Looks like you have three open revolving accounts plus the HSBC. Since you don't want to pay the fee, I'd plan on closing it the month before the fee is due again.

Stop using the card 2-3 weeks before this point. Pay off your balance online about 5 days before you plan to close it. If it's like my Best Buy store card, it won't credit you for three days after you pay, so keep that in mind. Do a screenshot of the $0 balance, and when you call them up to close, be sure to request that they send a letter confirming that there is a $0 balance on the account. Save that letter and the screenshot in your files, just in case they try to pop up some extra charge after you've technically closed. If you can still access your account after closing, check it twice a month for the next several months, just to be sure. Nothing like getting lates reported on a fee that you didn't know was there. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the new approvals! Things are definitely looking up.
After reading some other posts, I have noticed that there are suggestions that having CU only cards will not give you the best fico possible. Reading some posts about Nationwide, i'm under the impression that it reports as Nationwide CU on your CR. Can anyone verify this? Also, if that is the case that will leave me with my local CU, NFCU, and Nationwide if I cancel HHB. So at the risk of having only accounts with what fico scoring would consider on CU accounts, should I just hang on to HHB for now? I just paid the annual fee on 12/27.

Not sure how it reports, but the pull on TU was listed as Nationwide Bank.

BTW, anybody know how long it takes them to report after application approval?  Do they report to all three?

Message Edited by O6 on 01-13-2010 06:51 PM
Message 362 of 603
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

WOW aquatic, I daresay you are the applicant of infinite patience Smiley Happy  hang in ther' 

in any case, hope the news is good!  and that you hear soon!

Score_building, Patience is a virtue and I am ususally a half-full type person.  If I am meant to be approved for this card, I will be approved.  I do know now that if they re-pull my scores they will see a increase in scores.  AmEx is still not showing as open but they did finally show that I have a $0 balance.  I am going to call them in the morning to see if they can update to show that my AmEx is open and showing as being open since 2004.  

But its always nice to read this thread with all of the approvals!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 363 of 603
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

FYI . . . My account was opened on Dec. 16.  It showed up on TU very quickly (as Nationwide CU).  A few days later it appeared on EQ (As Nationwide Bank).  It has not appeared on EX yet, which is curious because they pulled EX on the same day I was approved (TU was pulled when I applied). 

Maybe it isn't reporting to EX because I haven't used it yet??

Anyone else showing Nationwide reporting to EX?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 364 of 603
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

FYI . . . My account was opened on Dec. 16.  It showed up on TU very quickly (as Nationwide CU).  A few days later it appeared on EQ (As Nationwide Bank).  It has not appeared on EX yet, which is curious because they pulled EX on the same day I was approved (TU was pulled when I applied). 

Maybe it isn't reporting to EX because I haven't used it yet??

Anyone else showing Nationwide reporting to EX?

I have pretty much the same scenerio except that they didn't pull EX & I have used the card.  Reporting exactly as yours...still no EX & I've had it for almost 2 months.  I recall reading that this card takes a few cycles to show up on all 3.  It'll get there...just takes a minute....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 365 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and got the response :  We are currently verifying the information provided.  In doing so, we may contact you to request additional information.  Once your application has been reviewed, we will notify you within 10 days about the status of your account.

I hope they approve it!

Message 366 of 603
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Remember emasta, it's ten BUSINESS days so don't get too impatient.  However, you might call after about 4-5 days to check status.  I think in their case, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Message 367 of 603
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Incidentally, I just spoke to a Natonwide CSR regarding the 12 mo. 0% interest offer on car repairs.  She informed me that the 12 mo. billing period starts on the date the charge is made, not from the date the card was issued. 

I asked if this was "forever" and she said "as long as the promotion is open, the 12 mo. billing period begins the date of the CHARGE".

Interesting . . . Smiley Surprised

Message 368 of 603
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I was VERY impatient waiting for this answer to my approval (or not).  I called twice in under a week!  2nd call got me my happy answer!  The csr's were never annoyed that I'd called so soon!  Very nice folks!  Right up there with the NFCU reps Smiley Very Happy

I have even mentioned to both companies how much I appreciate their helpful & knowledgeable reps! That's a dying breed there....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 369 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Incidentally, I just spoke to a Natonwide CSR regarding the 12 mo. 0% interest offer on car repairs.  She informed me that the 12 mo. billing period starts on the date the charge is made, not from the date the card was issued. 

I asked if this was "forever" and she said "as long as the promotion is open, the 12 mo. billing period begins the date of the CHARGE".

Interesting . . . Smiley Surprised

Just out of curiosity, any ideas on why they even have a promotion like this?  Not that I object, mind you, but what is in it for them?  I doubt they own any auto repair shops. 
Message 370 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.