Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
jorin
Valued Member

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

oh... and OP works for Nationwide Bank Smiley Wink..  I'm just kidding (or am i?) Smiley Surprised
Message 21 of 603
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@jorin wrote:
oh... and OP works for Nationwide Bank Smiley Wink..  I'm just kidding (or am i?) Smiley Surprised

Smileys
Message 22 of 603
jorin
Valued Member

..because we always use the ® trademark symbol in our subject lines when talking about banks...  Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 603
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

ROTFLMAO

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 24 of 603
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Just got the mail - drumroll please !!!!!

See full size image

Result: Denied

Reason: Excessive number of total revolving trade lines

This may/may not confirm my initial reaction - OP probably only has a few accounts.

I have pages: 20+ open revolving/charge. Mortgage, Car and a bunch of closed stuff.

Oops almost forget all those soft pulls (thanks CCT)! So not worried about the wasted

inquiry, it shall be "missing in action" soon enough.

See full size image

Oh well, guess they are more in line with PenFed.

I am a proud Pyramidian! Existing quite happily on the positive side of the coin "too much available credit" vs too much credit used (sorry not sure of the correct lingo).Smiley Very Happy

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
Message 25 of 603
Established Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

Just got the mail - drumroll please !!!!!

See full size image

Result: Denied

Reason: Excessive number of total revolving trade lines

This may/may not confirm my initial reaction - OP probably only has a few accounts.

I have pages: 20+ open revolving/charge. Mortgage, Car and a bunch of closed stuff.

Oops almost forget all those soft pulls (thanks CCT)! So not worried about the wasted

inquiry, it shall be "missing in action" soon enough.

See full size image

Oh well, guess they are more in line with PenFed.

I am a proud Pyramidian! Existing quite happily on the positive side of the coin "too much available credit" vs too much credit used (sorry not sure of the correct lingo).Smiley Very Happy

ochesoa..you are too funnySmiley Very Happy Loved the appropiate pictures!

Message 26 of 603
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sounds like another one you have to get on fairly early - before you build up a lot of accounts. Just like PenFed.

I would not say your denial was quite the same as pyramiding. Many who were denied for pyramiding went on to app again later and be approved. If you get denied by Nationwide for "Too Many" how can you overcome that? Time won't do it and I would not recommending closing anything on spec to app again.

Message 27 of 603
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Hi plasticman,

Glad you enjoyed it! I have a strange sense of (dry)humor that many do not get, so thought adding the pics would be great for effect!

Message 28 of 603
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The Bangles always come to mind...
Message 29 of 603
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I would not say your denial was quite the same as pyramiding. Many who were denied for pyramiding went on to app again later and be approved. If you get denied by Nationwide for "Too Many" how can you overcome that? Time won't do it and I would not recommending closing anything on spec to app again.

Hi credit,

For me, yes, it is the same. I have gone back for round 2 with PenFed and got the same answer. They don't like the available credit. Exactly the same result as this account. BTW I ended up closing the savings account I had with them because I know it was leading nowhere. Im happy with my local CU & Alliant as my everyday banks.

I have very good history (only time will make it better), spend wisely and make decent salary. I can say these are the only two banks I've come across who have denied me for this reason. And no one has ever eluded to closing accounts. I only close accounts I dont use.

Again, not upset by this in the least. I have more than enough credit! Literally! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by ocheosa on 08-24-2009 03:47 PM
Message 30 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.