cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX BCE. 3X CLI after 90 days?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX BCE. 3X CLI after 90 days?

Dakine_Mike wrote:

I was hoping this wasn't the case. I just asked for my 3XCLI @ about day 65 on Saturday. And got the 7-10 email or whatever. 

I am just now getting my last collection removed from back, so still rebuilding, but having had any negative marks or anything, for the last 2 years, have been doing great, but cant catch a break when it comes to CLI, from anyone... I was hoping huge spend on a small limit card would warrent an instant CLI.. but, i've got my fingers crossed...

Mike,

The collection is going to be an issue with anyone you try a CLI with as you know.

Huge spend doesn't equal a CLI as you have found out.  Especially with some of the more conservative lenders like AMEX / Discover will ding you for pushing the limit when hitting the button.  Scale things back so it doesn't look like you're struggling for money so the lender doesn't think you're becoming a higher risk by taking on more debt even if you're paying it off before the statement.  Pulling back and showing restraint pays off more than spending to reap the rewards or thinking it will come back as a CLI.  

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Mike,

The collection is going to be an issue with anyone you try a CLI with as you know.

Huge spend doesn't equal a CLI as you have found out.  Especially with some of the more conservative lenders like AMEX / Discover will ding you for pushing the limit when hitting the button.  Scale things back so it doesn't look like you're struggling for money so the lender doesn't think you're becoming a higher risk by taking on more debt even if you're paying it off before the statement.  Pulling back and showing restraint pays off more than spending to reap the rewards or thinking it will come back as a CLI.  

Thanks for the tip! I will def. restrain myself, and take it easy. 

Message 12 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Give it a couple of months to hit your reports and see what the results are with a couple of your favorite SP lenders.  It should help you grow a bit more than usual.  

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, definitely read the Amex 3XCLI thread when you have time.  Your question and just about any other that you can come up with will have the answer in there.

You don't need to wait 90 days, 61+ is fine.  I did mine at Day 64.  $10k to $30k instantly. 

Hi BrutalBodyShots

The 90 days (61+) is when you got denied for a 3x CLI correct ?, if AMEX approved your 3X CLI you need to wait 180 days right?, oh boy i am so confused right now Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

61+ = 1st opportunity to request CLI

(if applied before 61 then just need to wait until hitting 61 not the 90 after that)

90 = time to wait if denied for CLI 

180 = time to wait after successful CLI

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All above information is correct from austinguy!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.