Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and Citi Dividend

tag
dp321
Regular Contributor

Approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and Citi Dividend

Since my success can only be attributed to my months long reading on the board, I decided to share with the board my experience. So my scores are TU 767 and EQ 766, I follow the standard myfico "prime my credit report steps". I let one of card report 0% and let another reporting 6% at the time of app. I have no other tradeline on my report. No inqury in the past year. AAoA is about 1 year 10 month, and the oldest acct. is 2 year.

I first applied for the Citi Dividend and I was instantly approved with a $1,200 limit. However, my heart sank when I saw it pulled EXPRERIAN. Well, because Amex pulls experian too. I was like whatever and went ahead and apply for the blue cash and I got the 7-10 days message and my heart sank even further. However, when I checked the approval status on the web and saw I was approved. Phew....

I hope my story helps fellow myfico member who are eyeing for these sweet cash back cards as I was for the past two months. Myfico forum had been a great help to me.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and Citi Dividend

Congrats on getting the Citi Dividend & the Amex Blue Cash!

Message 2 of 6
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I got approved on MOnday with less than a year of credit history!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 3 of 6
dp321
Regular Contributor

Now I have Chase Freedom, I am in serious gardening mode now. No more cards for another year.

Message 4 of 6
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Did you apply for the World MC Dividend? If so do you know if it reports a credit limit. Thanks.
Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 5 of 6
dp321
Regular Contributor

When I applied, it didn't specify whether it is a world mastercard or not. However, my credit limit is not high enough so I ended up with a Platinum Select anyway.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.