cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX CLI.... No Hard Pull after 25k!!!!!!!

tag
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

Approved for AMEX CLI.... No Hard Pull after 25k!!!!!!!

I was just approved for an AMEX CLI from 20k to 30k!

I was hesitant to ask for over 25k for fear of an HP based on the reviews from this board. However, both reps that I spoke with stated that a CLI is always a SP unless there is some derogatory information on your file (i.e. late payments).

Needless to say, I'm more than pleased. My AMEX is my primary CC and gets heavy use by my standards. Their (AMEX) willingness to reward me for the use is the reason why the card is firmly planted in the "first chair".

I would advise to call the CLI Dept. directly as opposed to speaking with a general CSR (no disrespect). That number is 800-927-0632. Oh! As always... YMMV Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX CLI.... No Hard Pull after 25k!!!!!!!

Congrats on your cli!

Message 2 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I always felt 25k is more guide than rule. But others have had bad experiences going over the 25k.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 11
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
I always felt 25k is more guide than rule. But others have had bad experiences going over the 25k.

I have read about these experiences, also. That is why I wanted to make extra sure that a SP was still in play with a 30k CLI.

Message 4 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I think it is always a SP.  But when you get to the high amounts, they start asking for documents and more likely to trigger F/R from what I have seen from the experiences of others.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 11
onthemove
Contributor

What Amex credit card do you have? I was thinking about getting the Starwood card. Do anyone know the CL on that card or it doesn't matter what card you get, you can get a limited around 25-30k?

Message 6 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that's fantastic!!  How much monthly do you spend to consider it heavy usage?  Thanks for posting this.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's amazing great job.  I'm also intrested in how much you run through the card annually if you don't mind sharing?!

Message 8 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Pretty wicked

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 11
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

I have the Delta Platinum card and opened this account in 2009 although I've been an AMEX user since 1993.

My monthly usage varies. I try to keep the revolving balance low (~ $380 current balance). When I travel (maybe twice a month) I generally charge everything and pay it off when I return.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.