Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Zync!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX Zync!

I got approved for the American Express Zync Card! I'm 18 and only have 7 months history, with a Cap1 Card with only a $500 limit as my only other card. I applied for the card back in August and they declinded me because they wanted at least 6 months of credit history. So, I waited & got approved!! I always PIF on my Cap1 and have a 9% utilization! I'm so excited to get this card!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Zync!

Congrats!!! Keep up the good credit habits. Smiley Wink

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for the American Express Zync Card! I'm 18 and only have 7 months history, with a Cap1 Card with only a $500 limit as my only other card. I applied for the card back in August and they declinded me because they wanted at least 6 months of credit history. So, I waited & got approved!! I always PIF on my Cap1 and have a 9% utilization! I'm so excited to get this card!!

Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! I was in almost the exact situation, except I'm 20. Started off with Cap1 and I've had it for about 7 or 8 months now, just got the Zync and a Citi card a couple weeks ago! 

Now if Chase would just ease up on their "1 year of history" minimum! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you on Chase! Which Citi Card did you get? I'm thinking of applying for the Forward soon.

Message 4 of 26
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear you on Chase! Which Citi Card did you get? I'm thinking of applying for the Forward soon.

It sucks. I called the backdoor for a recon after I was denied for the Freedom, and the rep wouldn't budge. She was extremely polite, and essentially said if I had a card with a year of history I would have been approved...Chase is apparently very strict about that. One year minimum, two years preferred. I'm probably going to app again in exactly a year from when my Cap1 was opened Smiley Very Happy

And I got the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa for college students. Approved with a $4,000 CL, my jaw literally hit the floor. Loving Citi, for sure!!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet score man. I was near the same boat as you. My only card was this BoA visa i had with a crappy 700 limit. Apped for the Zync and Chase Freedom both instant approved. Just apped for the Amex BCE and approved. Glad i pulled the trigger on the Zync first to get my foot in with Amex. When Amex pulled my score, i got 722 on Experian, not too bad considering i have about 2 years worth of history.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Sounds like you've got a nice portfolio of cards built up!!
Message 7 of 26
birjest
Frequent Contributor

I am a parent who just received the Zync, and I have a son who is 19 in college.  I am going to have him go down the road similar to yours, to have a Zync card....just like his old man!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good idea! Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!!!

Goes to tell you that no one really knows what makes AMEX tick.

Enjoy !!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.