Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Zync!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX Zync!

I have been on same route as you're. Getting Zync with 7 months history on a small limit card. BUT I think there's actually better route than this as someone here posted about 1-2months ago that he got Blue cash everyday when having only 10 months history on one card and his AAOA is also 10 months as he applied for credit only once. Maybe just wait a little longer and get much better card.

I have nice portfolio of cards right now but LOADS of inquiries on EX report kill my chance on another amex for at least 6 months from now.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bunched up all of my courage and applied for the Citi Forward. I wasas told that they needed to confirm info & did so on a live chat on the website, and I was approved for $1,200. Not too bad for someone with a $14,000 annual income! I applied for Discover More Student & have to wait 5-7 days to hear back.. guess we'll see about that one! Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I bunched up all of my courage and applied for the Citi Forward. I wasas told that they needed to confirm info & did so on a live chat on the website, and I was approved for $1,200. Not too bad for someone with a $14,000 annual income! I applied for Discover More Student & have to wait 5-7 days to hear back.. guess we'll see about that one! Smiley Wink

Is the Citi Forward more for students?

What's your credit profile like?

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is designed for students, however, I have heard of people who are not students that got it. I don't really know my scores yet, I guess I'll get them when I get my cards in the mail! I did do the FICO Score Simulator and it said that my scores are inbetween 695-745... But I take that info with a grain of salt! 

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 19 year old has Zync, Citi Forward, Discover More, Cap1 Journey and VS.

CS800:

There are 2 versions for the Citi Forward (student and regular). They a different, but just a tad.

My daughter has the student, and I have the standard.

The student version has all of the same benefits, but a lower CL. We both get 5x points for entertainment, dining, movies, books,Amazon.com

The sign up bonus is also different. On the non-student version, you get 10,000 bonus points after $650 spend in 3 months and sign up for paperless statements. The student version does not have this bonus. Student version only gets 1000 bonus points for signing up for paperless statements. Both cards qualify for up to 2% APR reduction for paying on time, subject to Citi's terms, and both have complimentary cell phone protection, less deductible and subject to maximum $250 credit. Hope this helps.

One of the best reward cards for a college student, or for a non-student who does a lot of spending on dining or Amazon.com.

I dine out all the time....BUT one thing I am not liking is the THANK YOU REWARD site. I prefer Chase, Amex and  Discover in that sense.

Message 15 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Do you know what bureau they pull?

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Do you know what bureau they pull?

Yes. Citi pulled EX. I am in NY.

Message 17 of 26
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Agree..I am military and they pulled Experian.  I called back asking for the score, and the rep explained to me that they use their own factors which include many variables.  I asked if the card was sent off(after the previous reps said they would expedite it), she said it was being approved and that they don't expedite to FPO addresses.  Then, an hour later, I received and email stating that, I was indeed approved and that my card is being expedited. CHA-CHING!!!Smiley Tongue

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 18 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@birjest wrote:

Agree..I am military and they pulled Experian.  I called back asking for the score, and the rep explained to me that they use their own factors which include many variables.  I asked if the card was sent off(after the previous reps said they would expedite it), she said it was being approved and that they don't expedite to FPO addresses.  Then, an hour later, I received and email stating that, I was indeed approved and that my card is being expedited. CHA-CHING!!!Smiley Tongue

You got approved for a Citi Card right? Which one did you get?

Your EX FICO must be good.

Message 19 of 26
birjest
Frequent Contributor

I applied for AMEX Zync.  I also appied for the Citi® Platinum Select® MasterCard yesterday.  I read that it is a good card to have and not too difficult.  Heck, if I get Citi, cool.  If not, I am good with my AMEX Zync, Cap1 2k limit (use for monthly vonage and netflixx bills 2 PIF) and I have my USAA/NFCU debit cards.  I'm cool....

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.